uh oh!

BeetleJuice

:
mazda2 touring
I'm a proud m2 owner but I've been thinking of upgrading to the new 3. I... I really really like the way it looks. I just got done looking at it. I opted out of a test drive because it's snowing like a mofo and it's just plain slick out there on top on rush hour traffic. Yikes! So I'll be coming back sometime next week for the drive. One thing that might deter me from actually buying the 3 is that the 2.5L doesn't come with a 5 or 6 speed tranny. That upsets me because that motor should have a 6 speed manual considering that it comes with 185hp and that's the motor I want, but without a manual option........... we'll see I guess. I might have to opt for the 2.0L. 155hp but it has a 6 speed. And they come with leather seats and what not. Decisions decisions! Please any comments or feedback would be accepted. Should I stay with my 2 or should I go for the 3?

id wait till a "speed" comes out because then you'll be like.. "i just bought a 3, but i test the drove the speed and damn..." I dont know.. thats what came to mind right away, unless you really love it then do it.

According to the press release at the ride and drive, the 6 speed manual should be out in the fall with the" big block "

either way, is a very nice looking car....I'd wait for the extra power and the real stick, but thats up to you.

I've been struggling with this debate myself, but I'm always brought back down to earth by the simple fact that I can't afford the '3 right now. It looks like a very nice car, and I would take jasyatz's advice and wait for the 6-speed with the 2.5 or wait for the Speed3 to come out (if it ever does).

I'm waiting to see if Mazda will ever announce a direct replacement to the RX-8, then I'll probably work toward that. For the time being, I'm very content with my '2. It's a fun, zippy little car and suits me well for what I need out of a car at the moment.

well that settles it, I'm going to wait for the 6 speed to come with the 2.5. I'm in no rush, also the speed 3 if it ever comes out would be sweet like we all know it would be, but I know the speed3 will be wayyyyyyy to rich for my blood. I'm just going to keep on dreaming

Back