UFC Ortiz vs. Shamrock

osu1steve

:
2003.5 Blazin' MSP
OK, so that fight was HORSESHIT!!! How could they call that fight so quickly?? Should've let them fight longer, but UFC is becoming weak - calling all these fights so quickly! It's seems to me that the refs are calling fights too quickly; not letting the fighters fight their game, taking away their ability to scrap it out and exercise some resilience. So much for ULTIMATE fighting!

osu1steve said:
OK, so that fight was HORSESHIT!!! How could they call that fight so quickly?? Should've let them fight longer, but UFC is becoming weak - calling all these fights so quickly! It's seems to me that the refs are calling fights too quickly; not letting the fighters fight their game, taking away their ability to scrap it out and exercise some resilience. So much for ULTIMATE fighting!

I am with you on that. I don't watch much but it's cool to watch when I get a chance. BTW who won the ultimate fighter and also who won, ortiz or shamrock?

So when the guy who lost was standing there with a little blood on him, confused and angry as to why the fight was stopped, you think that was properly called? When the entire audience was chanting bulls***, you think that was the right decision? Join the WWF if you wanna see that. This is the UFC!! How about the guy that bled a pint of blood into the corner?? They stopped the check that he was still able to fight, and then put him right back into position - good call. Calling the most hyped fight of the entire event after a minute because of a couple elbows when you have a fighter that would rather have his head caved in than admit defeat - in the words of Charlie Murphy ... WRONG!! WRONG!!

the only reason i wish the fight would have gone longer is to see ortiz actually kill shamrock. I am somewhat disappointed the fight was so short, but I am glad ortiz rocked shamrock

Wow, that was the lamest fight ever. Did Ken even train for this match?

I REALLY wanted Ken to win this fight. He's not the best fighter of the two, he was the worst coach in the TV show, etc. But I was really rooting for him to beat Ortiz this time.

Oh well. :(

I was disappointed to see the fight end so shortly as well, but I believe it was a good stoppage. Ken wasn't defending himself and Tito was hitting him with straight elbows with all his weight behind them. Ken wasn't getting up from that no matter how long they let it go. The fight where the black guy was cut on his head wasn't a big deal even though it looked really bad. He continued to defend himself and even worked a little to get away from the fence and out of the guard.

Well, s***...

I didn't even see the fight but I was disappointed to hear they were going to fight again... so, I'm not so disappointed, I didn't pay $40 to see that lame s***.

Wanderlei Silva vs. Chuck Liddell. (shocked)

Back