Two questions..

VAProt5

Does anyone know the torque specifications for spark plugs on a '02 Protege 5? I've done a little searching and haven't had much luck. Also, I'm looking to remove the roof rack that came with my car. Does anyone know where I can buy the seals to replace the rack?

Thanks!

The box that my spark plugs came in said if you are tightening by hand you turn it till it's tight then go 1/2-3/4 turn more. Torquing specs, according to NGK NOT Mazda, is 18-21 ft./lbs.

Yeah, the NGK V-Power plugs that I picked up had two sets of recommended torques on the back: one for 14mm Gasket Type (1/2-2/3 turn) and one for 14mm Taper Seat (1/16-1/8 turn). I wasn't sure which of those to use.

Yeah, the NGK V-Power plugs that I picked up had two sets of recommended torques on the back: one for 14mm Gasket Type (1/2-2/3 turn) and one for 14mm Taper Seat (1/16-1/8 turn). I wasn't sure which of those to use.

The little metal ring that sits on the base if the spark plug? That's the gasket.

when i switched mine with a friend we actually didnt even look at that lol

We just screwed it in until it stopped then gave it a 1/4 turn at the absolute most.

Back