two problems with my p5...need help

Rawny12017

:
06 blk wrx wagon
first problem: p5 idles fine (normal) i guess goin between 700-1000 but when i turn the headlights on, the idle goes all down to 300 on the verge of dying out...what is the solution to this problem...thanks in advance

second problem: driver door doesnt lock/unlock when i arm/disarm my alarm, i hear the motor turning, now i have to lock/unlock manually using my key and i do that, i still hear the motor turning, like it is trying to unlock or lock it...thanks

My p5 used to virtually stall when I first got it, although at rather random times. Mazda pretended to look at it a bit and gave up. After working on the car myself for 60,000 miles the problem's gone away, although neither I nor Mazda know why. However, virtually stalling is a known problem to Mazda as I and others have reported the problem. Good luck.

I get the idle dip from time to time, stalled on me once. checked the common things but i've found nothing. I've got 83K now and just don't pay much attention to it anymore.

check your alternator and wiring, you could have a corroded contact or a dying alternator...

My car has stalled a few times just sitting in my driveway. Our cars are a little stupid like that. :shrugs:

You could try running some seafoam or other topend cleaner through it and see if that helps.

Try installing some ground wires... I heard it did wonders to many... either a set from ebay or search in this forum will do. The rason why I suggested ground wire is because you said the car wants to die when you turn on the headlights... So it sounds like something electrical related... just my 2 cents.

Back