Two MP5 Questions

Mopheos

Just bought a 2003 MP5 a month ago (67,000 miles) and have noticed the engine is noisey the first 5-10 minutes before it is fully warmed up. Sounds kinda like a diesel engine. Once it's warm, it sounds fine. Anyone else have this happen?

Also, I took the stock luggage rack off the roof and wonder if there are plastic caps that snap on to the rails for protection? Thanks for any help.

Mopheos said:
Just bought a 2003 MP5 a month ago (67,000 miles) and have noticed the engine is noisey the first 5-10 minutes before it is fully warmed up. Sounds kinda like a diesel engine. Once it's warm, it sounds fine. Anyone else have this happen?

Also, I took the stock luggage rack off the roof and wonder if there are plastic caps that snap on to the rails for protection? Thanks for any help.

1. My car idles at 2000-2250RPM's while its cold. It's normal.
2. Yes - A dealer would sell them($50-$100)

The engine is noisy in general in my opinion but until the car gets warm its louder than usual and it idles very high on start up if its cold.

Don't forget about the VICS or what everit is that makes some noise until the engine is warmed up too.

by the way, welcome to the forums and welcome to the world of the P5!!

Back