Turn Signals on 2017

When you get it up and running, mind sharing some pictures or maybe a clip of them working?

Obviously won't work for the 2017 with the factory LED tail/stop lights but when I converted the 2015 tail/stop I did one side then did a side-by-side compare of the effect to the incandescents. VERY important to install a red LED behind a red lens. The LEDs were not only a bit brighter but had a much deeper saturated red. I often look in the rear view mirror to see the reflectorized road signs behind me relect the tail lights w/LEDs. Stop lights are very bright - even in the daylight. The cheapo LEDs you get from Ebay are worthless. VLEDS posts the rated lumens of their bulbs.

Should be able to change front & rear turn signals right?

Affirmative. Backup lights are LED but will change out the rear license plate bulbs as well as the interior. I often have the hatch open for long periods and the cooler-running LEDs help out greatly.

At any rate, I did put a deposit on a '17 GT AWD w/Premium Pkg External Blue tonight. It will be sourced out of Iowa - about 6 hours away and they hope to get it in 3-4 days.

Definitely will pull out the Triton LEDs and the other VLEDs to swap the factory incandescents back in.
So your new CX-5 will be trucked over from Iowa or someone will drive the brand new CX-5 on the highway for 6 hours?

And is your Triton LED system switchback version with resistor pack included on turn signals? In other words, is your turn signal LED flashing in amber-off-amber-off or amber-white-amber-white fashion when the parking lights are on?

So your new CX-5 will be trucked over from Iowa or someone will drive the brand new CX-5 on the highway for 6 hours?
They will truck it up here. If there are 500+ miles on it when I take delivery then there will be some questions...
And is your Triton LED system switchback version with resistor pack included on turn signals? In other words, is your turn signal LED flashing in amber-off-amber-off or amber-white-amber-white fashion when the parking lights are on?

Nope, I don't have the amber/white switchbacks. I'll get dim amber for parking lights and bright amber for turn signal/emergency flashers. I haven't seen how the 2017 parking lights work. I thought it was all white DRLs or headlights.

They will truck it up here. If there are 500+ miles on it when I take delivery then there will be some questions...

Nope, I don't have the amber/white switchbacks. I'll get dim amber for parking lights and bright amber for turn signal/emergency flashers. I haven't seen how the 2017 parking lights work. I thought it was all white DRLs or headlights.
Yep, I wouldn't be happy if my brand-new CX-5 has 500+ highway miles on it too ⋯

According to 2017 CX-5 owner's manual, the front parking lights and turn signals use one dual-filament 7444NA incandescent bulb. It'll be similar to your current 2015 CX-5 setup other than different bulb type of 1157NA is used. Personally I like switchback LED so that you can have more distinct amber-off-amber-off effect on turn signal during the night, especially for 2017 CX-5 the parking lights / turn signals are inboard of LED headlights like you'd found out.

Affirmative. Backup lights are LED but will change out the rear license plate bulbs as well as the interior. I often have the hatch open for long periods and the cooler-running LEDs help out greatly.
Thank you for confirming [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Replaced the left turn signal with the factory amber 7440 incandescent bulb then shot this video with the upgraded VLEDs Triton amber on the right. Note the difference when the tail lights time out. I have LEDs on the license plate - they light up the road behind the bumper. VLED Tritons are still on the front turn signals so you can get an idea how bright they are. Another thing I like about LED turn signals is you get a distinct bright-off-bright-off cycle. Incandescents take a while longer to reach full brightness and to reach total darkness.

I'm pulling these out of my 2015 and sneaking them into the 2017. They are pretty much a universal fit but may require a different adapter to match the base of the stock bulb. I just uploaded the video so it may take a few minutes for it to get converted to public.

Replaced the left turn signal with the factory amber 7440 incandescent bulb then shot this video with the upgraded VLEDs Triton amber on the right. Note the difference when the tail lights time out. I have LEDs on the license plate - they light up the road behind the bumper. VLED Tritons are still on the front turn signals so you can get an idea how bright they are. Another thing I like about LED turn signals is you get a distinct bright-off-bright-off cycle. Incandescents take a while longer to reach full brightness and to reach total darkness.

I'm pulling these out of my 2015 and sneaking them into the 2017. They are pretty much a universal fit but may require a different adapter to match the base of the stock bulb. I just uploaded the video so it may take a few minutes for it to get converted to public.

The​ right one is much more crisp. Overall looking good [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Anybody changed their rear turn signal bulbs on a 2017/2018 CX-5 to LED (uhm)

I’m late to the party. Are these plug and play?

I had a quick read of the owners manual and in order to change any bulbs, one needs to remove the tail lamp assembly from the outside. You would think a panel on the inside of the boot that gives you access to the inner side of the assembly would be a better option.

Convoluted when it doesn't need to be

Putting a big enough hole in the body to access it with your hand weakens it so not doing allows a stiffer body. Also, completely sealing the trunk liner keeps noise down. In any case, I’ve changed bulbs through an access hole on some cars where you have to be a contortionist. Two screws to completely detach the light is a delight. You can take the whole thing to the bench. I much prefer it.

Back