turbosmart bpv tuning

dealler_81686

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
i recently purchased the turbosmart bpv and after i received it, i started reading the instructions on how to "tune" it. It does not sound too "technical" to me. How did those of you who do have this particular bpv tune it?

You are not talking about the dual port right. If so then all you do is chose the right spring I think. If you are not boosting higher than stock then insert "stantard" spring.

no
quoties.gif
tuning
quoties.gif
for me, just popped it in and go

I posted this before but don't know where exactly. Here it is again. From SU forum:

During the install, make sure to reset your ECU by removing the negative battery terminal for at least 20 minutes.
Before tuning the valve, you should allow the valve to "break in." Give it a few weeks before assuming that the valve needs adjusted. We set the valves here so they should be pretty close to the ideal setting when you guys get them on to the cars. However, each car/mods may require the valve to be fine tuned a little bit. Do not do it right away, give it some time and don't forget about resetting the ECU.

turbosmart.jpg

Hope this helps.

I posted this before but don't know where exactly. Here it is again. From SU forum:

During the install, make sure to reset your ECU by removing the negative battery terminal for at least 20 minutes.
Before tuning the valve, you should allow the valve to "break in." Give it a few weeks before assuming that the valve needs adjusted. We set the valves here so they should be pretty close to the ideal setting when you guys get them on to the cars. However, each car/mods may require the valve to be fine tuned a little bit. Do not do it right away, give it some time and don't forget about resetting the ECU.

turbosmart.jpg

Hope this helps.

i called Turbosmart and spoke to a technician, i asked him how to get rid of the flutter and he said to tighten the spring. I'm a little confused here.

Forget the spring. The top part of the valve, whether its blue/black/red, whatever. If he said tighten the spring, thats what you should turn. Righty tighty, lefty loosey. Turn it clockwise in small increments, 1/4 turns worked for me, that way you can easily back track if you need to. I believe it even says on the top of valve which way to turn it to tighten/loosen. Hope this helps

Forget the spring. The top part of the valve, whether its blue/black/red, whatever. If he said tighten the spring, thats what you should turn. Righty tighty, lefty loosey. Turn it clockwise in small increments, 1/4 turns worked for me, that way you can easily back track if you need to. I believe it even says on the top of valve which way to turn it to tighten/loosen. Hope this helps

^What he said. I have my bov set to recirculated (bpv) and I found it that by loosening it I get less flutter noise. More like bark noise and not that whoosh whoosh whoosh sound at low rpms. If you have it set 50/50 then It probably needs more time to tune. Like I have said I still get flutter noise at low rpm and the bpv sound at high rpm when letting off the throttle.

Back