TurboHoses SMIC & Hardpipes (Orders being taken)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you will do 975 shipped to Canada, then I'll be more than happy to become one of the first to sample this lovely SMIC....

very nice cullen.
i will most likely be in the second batch......i'm working on getting better brakes for my MSP right now.

i mainly drive on streets and highways, SMIC is a perfect choice for me.
in a few years MSP is getting traded in for MR, so no point in throwing money into engine management or forged internals.

thanks again for all you work.

....free bump ;)

Dr.Sound said:
very nice cullen.
i will most likely be in the second batch......i'm working on getting better brakes for my MSP right now.

i mainly drive on streets and highways, SMIC is a perfect choice for me.
in a few years MSP is getting traded in for MR, so no point in throwing money into engine management or forged internals.

thanks again for all you work.

....free bump ;)
Your very welcome...

hey cullen, sorry, maybe i missed it......how much are just the pipes? (aluminum)
maybe i'll get those right now and wait for the second batch of the IC.

$975 to my door. Let me save my money and I'm in. I'm getting the engine mounts and tein springs from you first, with mspeed101. =)

********** said:
$395 free shipping. call me for more info. You may be able to get sponsered.

Who on the board is doing the sponsoring stuff now ... im really interested in getting into the show world ... and the hardpipes i got from you look sweet. I love the gains on the car and the estetic value is through the roof. Well worth every dime i spend on them. I am wanting to get in on this SMIC, but the price is out of my leauge right now with my new house being built and all. I think i will probably hit in on the second batch of production. Keep up the good work Cullen.

smic sounds like a sweet deal..do you know if they did any internal intake temps compairing the hardpipes and or stock ic and pipes?

byohndspeed said:
smic sounds like a sweet deal..do you know if they did any internal intake temps compairing the hardpipes and or stock ic and pipes?

Yes.
Our datalog gave us this information, which we posted results on another thread.

Turbohoses R&D

brianmcd said:
Would it be possible to use the stock BPV with the hardpipes/smic upgrade? Thanks.

~brian
I beleive this is all designed to work with the stock BPV.

The stock bypass valve works with this IC kit. In the picture on the first post, you will notice the Turbo XS Valve being used as an alternate, either valve will work.

TEST RESULTS:
Our test vehicle is completely stock and tested with Turbohoses Aluminum Piping and stock boost.

The end results are as follows:
Baseline:

1.Turbohoses IC= 158.3hp/169.1ft. lbs tq.
OEM IC= 142.7/159 ft. lbs. tq.

Gain of 15.6 hp.

2. Turbohoses IC= 157hp/167.1 ft. lbs. tq.
OEM IC= 142.4/158.1 ft.lbs. tq.

-Break 2 minutes before next run on Turbohoses IC-

3. Turbohoses IC= 158.5hp/169.1 ft. lbs. tq
-Break 5 minutes before running OEM IC-
OEM IC= 140.7hp/ 152.9 ft. lbs. tq.

4. Turbohoses IC= 154.6hp/162.4 ft. lbs. tq.
OEM IC= 138.7hp/150.2ft. lbs. tq.

Note:

Turbohoses Ambient Air temp.= 87 deg.
OEM Ambient Air temp.= 83.5 deg.

Dynoing with the OEM IC resulted in hesitation on WOT.
OEM Intercooler Pipes: Unable to complete dyno run due to engine hesitation at WOT.

We also took a temperature reading comparing aluminum vs. steel piping using the stock IC.
Aluminum- 100-108dg. f.
Steel- 135-142 dg.f.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back