Turbo Timer?

SaaBaaDoo

:
2007 White Diamond Pearl Acura TL Navi
What exactly does a Turbo Timer do??? as if you cannot tell, I am new to turbos.

Howdy! And; Welcome!

A Turbo Timer lets your car idle for a predetermined amount of time, or the Turbo Timer will calculate the time based on how long your car has been running.

Here's a little review on the one I have:
http://cars.ign.com/articles/384/384396p1.html?fromint=1
DTTDCII_B_S.jpg

SEARCH. there's only about 15 threads about different turbo timers.

but to make a long story short they keep the engine running while at the same time running oil through the turbo after its just had a work out. due to the fact that the turbo in the MSP is dual ball bearing and water cooled they're really not needed. a bunch of people have them and there's no harm in installing one but they are not mandatory.

i like the Blitz one with the boost gauge or the HKS type one. they all serve the same basic purpose, to keep the car idling so the turbo cools down properly. the usefulness of a turbo timer on our cars has been debated heavlily. i figure its a small investment that can only help. also my timer has 0-60 and 1/4mi functions, spedometer, shift light, voltmeter, its a pretty versatile unit IMHO and it also just looks damn trick :D

turbo timer

I would like to know are they hard to install the one I am looking at has RPM's and 1/4 &1/8 times and is there a thread for instalation I am looking at a HKS 1

You can always get a compustar alarm with a Turbo timer, remote start and a kickass two way remote all built in one, not to mention a far superior alarm.

That's what I got :)......if I could just figure out how to install it :(

newf said:
You can always get a compustar alarm with a Turbo timer, remote start and a kickass two way remote all built in one, not to mention a far superior alarm.

That's what I got :)......if I could just figure out how to install it :(

How much did that cost??

Hey Newf,

On the Compustar alarm, can you set the duration for the turbo timer function or is it 2 min and you can't change that?! I heard that's the case but would like to confirm. Thanks.

It's my cousins. He paid $100. He is thinking of selling the MSP.

The TT in the Compustar is set at 2 minutes.

TURBOTIMER

The guy around our area that is the major tuner told me you should wait till the companys come out with the harness you can just plug in other wise you are loing a lot the effects of your ECU does that make sense? I am no expert.

/members/orangezoom/dscf0014.jpg

youll wait an eternity for the company to come out with a harness takes 3 soldiers big deal. ur alarm that came on the car was soldered on

Latest posts

Back