turbo replace info

nate6970

:
MAZDASPEED PROTEGE
so i think it is time to replace the turbo on the car,after it sits a bit it makes a weird noise when started at first and when take off it just makes some messed up noise, no idea how to explain it. after its warm runs fine and sounds fine, seems to have a loss of power tho. will know tomorrow what i am running for boost, but if need to replace what kind of turbo do you guys suggest to use? not going for huge power prolly around 7-10 psi is all i will ever push, just my dd. but any info would be great thanks!

7ish psi is stock boost. and unless you have all the supporting mods you need and something to tune with i wouldnt suggest turning up the boost. some guys have gotten away with running up to 12psi as DD for years BUT WITH supporting mods. otherwise youre just asking for your engine to go boom. if youre relatively stock just stay with the stock t25 turbo. theyre max efficiency is about 14-15psi, a gt28 is your next best bet, but mainly recommended to have a built engine and supporting mods.

Sounds like a leak around the turbo, probably the gasket in between the manifold and turbo. You will notice a power loss and all sorts of funny noises from it

used t25 can be found in the for sale section ranging from $100-$300 from what ive seen, sometimes with the manifold already included.

I just replaced my CHRA on mine since they did not have any rebuilt at this time. Got it from these guys for 700 bucks and shipping. I did not want to buy a used one and have the turbo go out again.

Back