Turbo reliability?

Has overall reliability of your turbo'd car been siginificantly reduced since boost?

• Yes - I have a BEGI/FM kit

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No - I have a BEGI/FM kit

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Yes - I have a Spool kit

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No - I have a Spool kit

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Yes - I have a custom kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I have a custom kit

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
We have sold alot of kits without any major reliabilty issues. However one should expext increased maintanace and some issues once you get the kit on the car initially. The first few weeks are generally a big pain getting rid of all the leaks ect. Actually from most of the people that I have dealt with vacum/air leaks have been the source for most of the problems.
Once that was dealt with most cars run great.
Also on our stage 1 and 2 kits w/out th intercooler I have noticed they have had less issues because of just one charge pipe vs multiple pipes on the intercooler setup.

BluMp3Turbo said:
No if u have knock its becuz u have a turbo kit not becuz of the MP3!

Um, no...The turbo doesn't have advanced timing. The MP3 does, which is what causes the knock, sometimes.

Kooldino said:

Do you get knock?

Stutters: What did you vote for and what did you mean to vote for? I assume you put "YES-FM kit" and meant "No-FM kit"?

ENRY: can you edit his choice?

I meant "No-FM-kit"....I have had no major issues with my car.

Um, no...The turbo doesn't have advanced timing. The MP3 does, which is what causes the knock, sometimes.
I think he was saying that if it was not for having the car turboed there would be no knock issues.........kinda like the turbo is the aggravating circumstance

spoolinmp3 said:

I think he was saying that if it was not for having the car turboed there would be no knock issues.........kinda like the turbo is the aggravating circumstance

Ah, I get it now....My mind is elsewhere right now. Big things going on in my little world.

Yes, sort of. I think the crappy gas (91) is the aggravating factor in this case. The turbo is healthy on other gas with higher octane.

But, its all a matter of reference I guess.

Spool-When you release your stage 4, is there going to be a way to retard ignition timing a tad for the 91 octane folks or no?

spoolinmp3 said:
It will be tuned for 89 or 91 octane

Just curious, what does tuning a kit for a certain octane involve if you're unable to change timing?

ALSO, you know those ebay resistor things that will make the engine advance timing because it tells the ECU that the air is colder than it really is? Well, what if we did the opposite and told it that it's warmer than it actually is...with $5 worth of radio shack parts?

Just curious, what does tuning a kit for a certain octane involve if you're unable to change timing?
Timing is actually used to tune for octane and thats what we are working on a solution for;)

So is it safe to run the kit as is.
Are you talking about our kits?
Yes the stage 4 is just being developed to run more boost and make extra power.
All the kits are designed to run at there reccomended boost levels with an FMU
Stage 1 & 2 @ 4.5 psi max
Stage 3 Intercooler enables one to turn the boost up to 7psi

And we are aiming for stage 4 ecu upgrade to run 9-10psi

Terry, what wastegate spring tension do you ship the stage 3 kits at? I understand you can run 7psi on them, but I didn' t know if that was with the use of an MBC or not.

Also, I notice that someone had a problem with their spool kit. To whoever wrote that..what went wrong? If you'd rather not post here, PM me. Thnx.

Our stage 3 kits are set at 6psi.
You can either replace the external wastegate spring or get a Bosst Controller to change boost levels

Back