Turbo Manifold Egr tube delete

ZBlue Bullet

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
I cracked my oem cast pos turbo manifold and was gauging interest in the obxr turbo manifold but it dosnt have the egr tubr to screw it on and was wondering if i could just delete the tube alltogether and leave the sensor hooked up?

Yes, you can.

What you can do is just cut the EGR pipe shortly after it comes out of the intake manifold and put a small breather filter on it.. but it doesn't have to be hooked up to the exhaust manifold.

Damn, I want to try it then! Seems like air entering the motor after the MAF would cause the ECU to read a vac leak.

It's only going to take in the same amount it would've taken in from the exhaust.. it's just getting it from atmosphere as opposed to the exhaust manifold. The valve only opens when it needs to, and the ECU knows when it does, so it knows to adjust the fuel injection.

You would only get a vacuum leak if you took the valve off entirely, unplugging the solenoid would keep the valve closed all the time and you'll throw a CEL, but the car will run fine. So keep the solenoid plugged in and everything will work fine :)

Thanks guys you are awesome. Since that solves that question im gonna move forward with my custom downpipe then and weld on the o2 bung.

Back