Turbo Lag - Gone!

AWmustang said:
Does anyone have a link to the actual TSB. I just got my CX-7 and it might have had this fix from the factory. Before I waste my time going in to the dealer i'd like to see if i'm affected.

I don't want to pay the fees at the NHTSA site and the other link above didn't have the hesitation TSB.

Check out the thread called "CX7 TSB (Technical Service Bulettins)."

The latest all seem to be there & free.

If you need it, you should be able to tell by driving. Just see what happens next time you're at a stoplight. The fix makes a real positive difference.

koala said:
anyone in Canada have this done yet? I should get mine in there for the update if they'll do it.

Yes, I have had the update done and highly recommend it. The dealer should get it done for you, no questions asked. If you want it done, just get them to do it.(drive)

same here i am in canada.. and got it done last tuesday... if they dono the bulletin.. just tell them that ur getting probs of lack of power under 2500 rpm... and they will find it.. and fix ur prob.. major improvement... cant believe i waited that long to do it..

UpNorth said:
Check out the thread called "CX7 TSB (Technical Service Bulettins)."

The latest all seem to be there & free.

If you need it, you should be able to tell by driving. Just see what happens next time you're at a stoplight. The fix makes a real positive difference.

I spent a ton of time searching for that thread (almost an hour) and couldn't find it. I've never had a turbo car, but I do know there will be some lag. Just wondering if there could be less with the fix.

I guess I can just take it to the dealership and complain and see what they do about it.

Tsb & Pcm

koala said:
anyone in Canada have this done yet? I should get mine in there for the update if they'll do it.

Just booked an appointment in Calgary to have mine done. Taking the car in Thursday - they'll be doing a regular servicing plus the PCM TSB, also they called me last week to tell me they have a "part" in for the CEL problem.

Will let you know how it goes. Also they're ordering parts for the other two TSB's I took to them.

Engine Hesitation

After spending a month trying to get the dealer to flash my Cx-7, I finally had to go online and print the TSB's myself and bring them in to them (along with the TSB's for door panels and door seals). It's been a week and it definately reduced the hesitation and and studdering at freeway speeds. Doesn't quite throw you back in the seat at about 3000 rpm like it used to, but it's smooth. Gained about 1 mpg on first tank. Getting 23 now with mixed driving. First Mazda, disappointed with service.

I am about to get my 15,000-mile service & I informed them of those two exact TSB issues... the Door Seal & The sub-2500RPM lag.

Unfortunately, they cannot "pre-order" the door seals. The woman claims they first need to "see/inspect" the issue and confirm it before ordering the replacement parts. I guess that's understandable.

My VIN falls withing the range of VINs that are covered by both TSBs, but she also said she'd check the records and my computer to see if I'm "up to date" with all my appropriate uploads.

I am hoping to also report some sort of performance increase... I'll let y'all know once it happens.

-sf

CX7_Scott said:
I am about to get my 15,000-mile service & I informed them of those two exact TSB issues... the Door Seal & The sub-2500RPM lag.

Unfortunately, they cannot "pre-order" the door seals. The woman claims they first need to "see/inspect" the issue and confirm it before ordering the replacement parts. I guess that's understandable.

My VIN falls withing the range of VINs that are covered by both TSBs, but she also said she'd check the records and my computer to see if I'm "up to date" with all my appropriate uploads.

I am hoping to also report some sort of performance increase... I'll let y'all know once it happens.

-sf

When I questioned the dealer about the TSB on the gaskets he asked me if I was having a problem. I told him that I had really paid it much attention but was concerned about having to bring back for service at a later date and that the gaskets looked like the ones with the issue. They looked at the gaskets and determined that I was entitled to replacement although I have yet to actually experiance the actual problem. I look at it as the gaskets are either adequate or not and if an issue has been identified, then they should fix it. It could be that some of the old gaskets are OK initiallly, but over time they may compress or that the gap tolerances between gaskets, sheet medal and or assembly process have some leeway and don't always cause a problem. In reality if anyone wants the new gaskets all you really have to do is complain that you are experinacing a problem. I would make sure first that you do indeed have the old gaskets. It doesn't look to good if you complain and upon examination they find that you already have the new gaskets.

BTW, I am still waiting for my gaskets to come in and it's been about a month since they ordered them.

meanstreak said:
When I questioned the dealer about the TSB on the gaskets he asked me if I was having a problem. I told him that I had really paid it much attention but was concerned about having to bring back for service at a later date and that the gaskets looked like the ones with the issue. They looked at the gaskets and determined that I was entitled to replacement although I have yet to actually experiance the actual problem. I look at it as the gaskets are either adequate or not and if an issue has been identified, then they should fix it. It could be that some of the old gaskets are OK initiallly, but over time they may compress or that the gap tolerances between gaskets, sheet medal and or assembly process have some leeway and don't always cause a problem. In reality if anyone wants the new gaskets all you really have to do is complain that you are experinacing a problem. I would make sure first that you do indeed have the old gaskets. It doesn't look to good if you complain and upon examination they find that you already have the new gaskets.

BTW, I am still waiting for my gaskets to come in and it's been about a month since they ordered them.

You have my sympathy on waiting for the door seals. It took about a month for me to get mine after having the issue confirmed on-site. I'd call your dealer to make sure they aren't just sitting on the shelf. I thought the back-order was resolved a few weeks ago. My dealer forgot to call me when mine came in.

I think the problem with the old seals is immediate, or at least it was for me. Within a week of buying the car, we had a warm day where the roads were very slushy & messy. The insides of my doors were filthy. I also noticed it when I went through the car wash. Since having the fix done, it is a different world. The new seals work. I fully agree there is no good reason why they shouldn't just replace any old ones on sight. Bad design should just get retired.

yeah, after a month, I scheduled mine next week to have it done. that wait is a long time. oh well

SO...

I just had my 15,000 service done... and had them do the "hesitation under 2.5k-rpm" flash and look at the door seals.

Door seals are ordered and expected within a week.

PCM was flashed... but I gotta be 100% honest - I do not notice one, single bit of difference in performance. None. It wasn't HORRIBLE before the update by any means... so I dunno what I was going to see as a result, but I mean I tried to pay close attention before I dropped it off - and after I drove away from dealer to work (over 40-miles distance).

From a dead-stop, from about 10-mph, from about 30-mph and even on the highway at around 50-mph... I stepped on it, and nothing seems different. SHifting seems the same... hesitation still the same - the boost kicks-in around 3,500rpm or higher.

I mean, it was FREE... so I'm not complaining... but am I the only one to NOT notice a difference after getting the PCM Flash...?

-sf

CX7_Scott said:
SO...

I just had my 15,000 service done... and had them do the "hesitation under 2.5k-rpm" flash and look at the door seals.

Door seals are ordered and expected within a week.

PCM was flashed... but I gotta be 100% honest - I do not notice one, single bit of difference in performance. None. It wasn't HORRIBLE before the update by any means... so I dunno what I was going to see as a result, but I mean I tried to pay close attention before I dropped it off - and after I drove away from dealer to work (over 40-miles distance).

From a dead-stop, from about 10-mph, from about 30-mph and even on the highway at around 50-mph... I stepped on it, and nothing seems different. SHifting seems the same... hesitation still the same - the boost kicks-in around 3,500rpm or higher.

I mean, it was FREE... so I'm not complaining... but am I the only one to NOT notice a difference after getting the PCM Flash...?

-sf

That is interesting. I took mine in initially to have it done and was told the update was completed (after they assured me I didn't need it done and that it wouldn't make a difference in performance). I noticed zero difference, though, after they claimed the update was done.

I took it to another dealer in my area since I suspected they didn't actually do the update. The "new" dealer assured me no update had been done by the previous dealer (have no idea how they knew that) but that they would take care of it for me.

When I picked it up, I immediately noticed a difference. The hesitation/lag from a complete stop is where the difference was most notable.

I would take it to another dealer and tell them you suspect it wasn't done properly.

Top Jimmy said:
That is interesting. I took mine in initially to have it done and was told the update was completed (after they assured me I didn't need it done and that it wouldn't make a difference in performance). I noticed zero difference, though, after they claimed the update was done.

I took it to another dealer in my area since I suspected they didn't actually do the update. The "new" dealer assured me no update had been done by the previous dealer (have no idea how they knew that) but that they would take care of it for me.

When I picked it up, I immediately noticed a difference. The hesitation/lag from a complete stop is where the difference was most notable.

I would take it to another dealer and tell them you suspect it wasn't done properly.

As soon as they plug it in to the computer it scans the software on your vehicle. It would tell them right away that there are software updates available had they not been installed. The first dealer is either extremely lazy or they didn't have their database updated yet with the latest updates.

I just had the computer reflashed on Friday, there was a noticable diffrence from a standstill with less turbo lag but it is not completely gone. Still happy with the improvement(yes)

When my wife and I went to pick the CX-7 up I dropped her off and waited outside in my truck. I see her get in the car and then go back into the service area then a mechanic comes back out with her and does something to the interior.

When I was able to talk to her she said someone left a 1/2 full can of soda in the car, a grease stain on the leather seat and the hood was not closed fully. The wife went balistic on the service manager, I feel sorry for the guy that had to take her verbal beating (blah) (dark)

Anyone who has had this flash for a while. Any noticable change in gas mileage?

Now don't jump all over me about the MPG thing, I knew what I was getting myself into when I bought it. I just don't want it to get any worse.

AWmustang said:
Anyone who has had this flash for a while. Any noticable change in gas mileage?

Now don't jump all over me about the MPG thing, I knew what I was getting myself into when I bought it. I just don't want it to get any worse.

My gas has gone s*** hole I def regret getting it done
but all is well when aftermarket chip comes out you can tune it better to get the mpg back maybe more

Just noticed today that my cx-7 has already had the flash before I picked it up. (Sticker on door jamb).

Maybe that's why I can't get above 16 MPG even on the highway.

I didn't think they could do these things unless a customer complained.

Latest posts

Back