"Turbo" decal?

CX-7 said:
TURBO BADGE Info:

My son works for Acura, and basically the turbo badge emblem is from the new 07' RDX. And he was able to special order one. He said it will look cooler, so he surprised me last week by putting it on my car and I guess it blends right in! Therefore, I recieved alot of compliments from everyone at work.

If you like I can get one shipped to you for your convenience around $18bucks. Or you can stop by your local Acura dealership and see if you can special order one yourself...

Great find! FYI for those who are interested, you can get this part online through the following site: https://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/acura/jsp/mws/catdisplay.jsp

Navigate to the 2007 RDX "EMBLEMS-CAUTION LABELS" on the last drop-down menu. The cost is $15.26 with shipping. I can't wait for mine to come in! :)

Just ordered mine - I'm amazed at what a great "match" it is. Can't wait to get it. Thanks for the info! Photos to follow once applied (as if it'll be any different from his).

:)

So... what solvent do any of you recommend for removing any grease, wax, soapy film, etc that is on the finish before applying the emblem.

When I used to letter & pinstripe (a zillion years ago) I used to use PrepSol to clean the area, but not gonna go out and buy a bottle of that to put on one badge. Any suggestions...?

Okay - apparently, I'm NOT getting the badge...

Pasted from an email after purchase:

- - - PASTE - - -

Sorry but your order cannot be processed because we have a 30.00 parts minimum requirement, not including handling. Shipping is not included in the total on your order. The handling charge is not for shipping. It is a one time fee to all orders no matter how large. Shipping starts at 5.50, plus the 4.95 handling charge. We sell at a 20% discount so to even cover the 10.45 minimum shipping and handling charge your order would have to be 40.25. All of these parts are available at any Acura dealer or they can get them in. Anything they would have to special order we would also have to special order. Sorry, but it would be much cheaper and save you time. No charges were ever applied to your card and the order has been deleted from our system.

Acura Automotive Parts
Mon-Fri 8 AM-5 PM EST
acuraautoparts@aol.com

CX7_Scott said:

- - - PASTE - - -

Sorry but your order cannot be processed because we have a 30.00 parts minimum requirement, not including handling. Shipping is not included in the total on your order. The handling charge is not for shipping. It is a one time fee to all orders no matter how large. Shipping starts at 5.50, plus the 4.95 handling charge. We sell at a 20% discount so to even cover the 10.45 minimum shipping and handling charge your order would have to be 40.25. All of these parts are available at any Acura dealer or they can get them in. Anything they would have to special order we would also have to special order. Sorry, but it would be much cheaper and save you time. No charges were ever applied to your card and the order has been deleted from our system.

Acura Automotive Parts
Mon-Fri 8 AM-5 PM EST
acuraautoparts@aol.com
yeah got the same dam thing:bs: . guess i wont be getting one either(doughpoke

Boo, I got the same message. Oh well, I guess I'll be calling the Acura dealership tomorrow.

I had seen your signature the past few days, and it clicked when I saw an RDX on the road yesterday. I was going to post up and ask if that's where you got it, but apparently you've spilled the beans already. Go me, anyway.

if or more people went in on this

jmhumr said:
Boo, I got the same message. Oh well, I guess I'll be calling the Acura dealership tomorrow.

We could get this if four or more people went in on this.
We would have to trust each other and one person place the order, pay for it and then also collect from the others, the shipping it would cost to send it out to the others.
I am game if others are...
If too many people were interested we would have to break up into smaller groups... just a thought

A Frost

Why not order an OEM oil filter. You are going to need it for your next oil change anyway. I don't know how much those cost for the CX-7, but atleast you would be getting something you were going to need.

CX7_Scott said:

- - - PASTE - - -

Acura Automotive Parts
Mon-Fri 8 AM-5 PM EST
acuraautoparts@aol.com

If there is going to be a "group buy" for the Turbo decal i would be interested. Count me in! Looks HOT!

schiesskopf5 said:
Why not order an OEM oil filter. You are going to need it for your next oil change anyway. I don't know how much those cost for the CX-7, but atleast you would be getting something you were going to need.
the important thing to note here is that these are ACURA badges

not that Acura oil filters wouldn't fit (I wouldn't know either way)

Ah..good point! I was thinking backwards because my local Mazda dealer also has a Honda/Acura on the same lot.

nate0123 said:
the important thing to note here is that these are ACURA badges

not that Acura oil filters wouldn't fit (I wouldn't know either way)

I go to pay for the TURBO emblem and the A$$hole at acura tells me, that the 1st guy gave me the wrong price and tries charging me $37.00, so after I cursed him out, I went home and ordered it from someone else online
www.acuraparts247.com
It came out to like $17.00 with shipping

mixmasterlove said:
I go to pay for the TURBO emblem and the A$$hole at acura tells me, that the 1st guy gave me the wrong price and tries charging me $37.00, so after I cursed him out, I went home and ordered it from someone else online
www.acuraparts247.com
It came out to like $17.00 with shipping

hopefully they'll let you place an order for that small of an amount.

Back