Turbo Bolt Sizes

:
2018 Mazda CX5 Machine Gray
Can anybody tell me the size of studs/bolts/nuts that go on from the turbo to the downpipe on a stock downpipe? I need to replace mine as I lost a stud and nut and need to replace it.

I've found the torque specs but not bolt sizes.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure all the studs on the manifold and turbo are M8 x 1.25 x 38. You might wanna wait for someone else to chime in and confirm it though..

Also would an 8.8 grade steel be OK to use or should I be using a 10.9 or higher grade. Any companies you guys recommend?

You're mixing up class and grade.. class is for metric bolts and grade is for SAE bolts.

Metric class 8.8 is roughly what our cars came with stock and about SAE grade 5 equivalent, and metric class 10.9 is about SAE grade 8 equivalent. I would recommend class 10.9, unless you have money for ARP stainless studs. They're about 10% stronger than 10.9 but 100% more expensive... hardly worth it in my opinion but many people will tell you to go this route just because they're the best.

Just picked up some 10.9 black oxide studs and bolts. Are these heat resistant enough and will the torque specs still apply as outlined in the sticky forum in this section?

Back