turbo an automatic

mpx

hello

i have a automatic es gt and i would like to know if any of the turbo kit available would fit an automatic car ?

thanks

mpx

thanks for the answer guys,

i looked at spool stage 1 i guess i could always get a custom fmic later.

will the fmu be the same i dont know if the car computer is the same on auto and man cars ?

i guess the real question is can the tranny take the abuse ?

mpx

from what ive heard our tranny can hold about 200whp. a lot of people stop at about 170 or so to be safe. abuse is a reletive term. nuetral drops and tire spinning constantly are gaurenteed to hurt your engine, boosted or not. turbo's will just speed up the degradation. the fmu probably will be the same auto/manual. consider though that fmu's might not be the best option. they help a turbo to run effectively but not perfectly. piggybacks i have heard are a safer, more reliable, and more tunable option. Perfworks has his system out now for an auto and he swears up and down the piggyback is key. i talked to him the other day, great guy and sounds like he knows his stuff.

Last edited:
My car should be completed today, the first thing I'm doing - is going home and going to sleep. THEN I PLAN TO HAVE FUN. Figure I'll see how much gas I can use in a weekend.

The fitment is great, I have pics on my digital camcorder. Unfortunately my brother is borrowing it for his e-bay sales. I am planning to take pics this weekend.

I highly recommend using Perfworks kit for an auto. Of course, I am biased because that is what I bought. But I like the way they work. Sure it's taken a lot more time than we expected, but mine is the first automatic. Many things on my car were measured for fitment, and a few differint configurations have been mounted up.

I've asked a ton of questions along the way, and they keep providing me with answers. I've spent alot of time at their shop, and I have had a great time watching and learning. They've taught me how to do a few things, and I've managed to get my hands dirty doing whatever I can to help.

If you are able to stop by the shop, I highly recommend it.

keyserscott said:
from what ive heard our tranny can hold about 200whp. a lot of people stop at about 170 or so to be safe. abuse is a reletive term. nuetral drops and tire spinning constantly are gaurenteed to hurt your engine, boosted or not. turbo's will just speed up the degradation. the fmu probably will be the same auto/manual. consider though that fmu's might not be the best option. they help a turbo to run effectively but not perfectly. piggybacks i have heard are a safer, more reliable, and more tunable option. Perfworks has his system out now for an auto and he swears up and down the piggyback is key. i talked to him the other day, great guy and sounds like he knows his stuff.

Does Perfworks have a web site? Whats the link? I can't seem to find them.....I have an auto as well and am thinking of turbo charging....I was also wondering...the spool stage 1 has no intercooler?? I thought a Turbo system has to have one or else your going to be shooting hot air in to your engine?? Thanks in advance!!

hawaiiannights said:
Does Perfworks have a web site? Whats the link? I can't seem to find them.....I have an auto as well and am thinking of turbo charging....I was also wondering...the spool stage 1 has no intercooler?? I thought a Turbo system has to have one or else your going to be shooting hot air in to your engine?? Thanks in advance!!

you can go non IC but you shouldnt and really cant go over 4 lbs of boost. it limits you. go IC your motor will thank you.

Hey Decked can you PM your tips, I still have not received any emails from you. I need info on the brackets specially the one close to the trottle body and the one holding the MAF sensor.

Back