tunersteve's 2011 Mustang GT thread

Definitely keep us in the loop as the progress goes, can't wait to see some pictures of it.

Will do. This thread will be a journal of all the things that happen with it.

Damn you!!!!! the new mustangs look so badass. i wouldnt mind this one
http://www.garyyeomansford.com/new/...30a0a0065004f33c10951f5a9.htm?useHistory=true

cant wait to see yours

That's a perfect track car right there. No extra fluff if you wanted to use it on a road course. Those Brembos are excellent, even on the street.

Yea i really like those wheels. i usually hate stock wheels but those with a drop would look freaking nice. And that rear bumper looks sooo mean. hah

Yea i really like those wheels. i usually hate stock wheels but those with a drop would look freaking nice. And that rear bumper looks sooo mean. hah

I prefer the GT500 rear splitter myself. The body is very nice from the showroom floor, but Ford has plenty of accessories available to make it your own.

I haven't seen one yet (5.0) I kinda want to go see the black one now though.

im surprised yours is getting built so quickly .

I haven't seen one yet (5.0) I kinda want to go see the black one now though.

im surprised yours is getting built so quickly .

Me too. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who got a VIN and build date quickly. It was taking up to 8 weeks for some to get those.

Like I said, I'm hoping I can get the opportunity to go to the plant and check out the car being built, and meet some of the people behind the car. It would give me one hell of a cool story to tell with the car.

for sure! your lucky you live in Michigan where you could do that. you should def try and do it.

thats pretty cool they took a order for yours rather than trying to track one down that you want.

for sure! your lucky you live in Michigan where you could do that. you should def try and do it.

thats pretty cool they took a order for yours rather than trying to track one down that you want.

I didn't realize it,but a lot of people actually order their Mustang and wait for them to come in. You have that option with every car I think, but most people can't or won't wait for them to arrive.

sounds like an over all exciting experience now with everything you going to get to do. good luck with that monster when you finally get it

Thanks guys.

I was down at Mustang Alley at the Woodward Dream Cruise yesterday, here are some shots of things I liked and might consider:

Attachments

• IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    951 KB · Views: 179
damn, that kona blue is nice. i dunno why but if i ever got a mustang, it would be black. guess its because whenever you think mustang you think of a black car (atleast i do)

damn, that kona blue is nice. i dunno why but if i ever got a mustang, it would be black. guess its because whenever you think mustang you think of a black car (atleast i do)

Black is the most popular color, so you're not far off base with that.

2011 M3 vs 2011 Mustang GT-Motortrend Roadtest

Steve, I am sure you'll be happy with this article, I was surely impressed.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...stang_gt_vs_2011_bmw_m3_comparison/index.html

For the definitive answer, we go to Randy's times: 87.67 seconds in the BMW to 87.76 seconds for the Ford. That's right, the difference between the fastest laps of the M3 and Mustang GT is, literally, less than an eye blink: 0.09 second, to be exact.

Randy's response? "God bless America! Let's hear it for the Mustang. To me, that is a giant win for the Mustang GT because the BMW is such formidable competition."

Last edited:
Steve, I am sure you'll be happy with this article, I was surely impressed.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...stang_gt_vs_2011_bmw_m3_comparison/index.html

For the definitive answer, we go to Randy's times: 87.67 seconds in the BMW to 87.76 seconds for the Ford. That's right, the difference between the fastest laps of the M3 and Mustang GT is, literally, less than an eye blink: 0.09 second, to be exact.

Randy's response? "God bless America! Let's hear it for the Mustang. To me, that is a giant win for the Mustang GT because the BMW is such formidable competition."

Someone sent me that last night, and I was very impressed how the GT held its own. Anyone who laughs at what this car can do should go take one for a drive and then re-evaluate their statements. Right now, there isn't a better car, dollar for dollar, in my book.

I laughed at the old ones. road in my sister's boyfriends GT manual and it felt like a slug honestly. MS6 feels so much quicker.

but the new one i know would tear up a ms6

I laughed at the old ones. road in my sister's boyfriends GT manual and it felt like a slug honestly. MS6 feels so much quicker.

but the new one i know would tear up a ms6

I hated any of them before 2004. Once they adopted the S197 chassis, things got much better. I'm interested to see what they do for 2014/2015 when the next platform is supposed to be a global car, and have IRS. If they can tune a stick axle to perform well, I'll be interested to see how well the IRS works for them.

Back