Tune up time

I just broke over 200,000 miles on my MP5 and need to give her a good tune up what do you guys suggest? Thanks....
3BF8032D-3E32-425B-9609-9F4C8BF7A61E.jpg

My brother helped me tune up my car yesterday, after buying the wrong gasket, for a 1998 protege. D=
I put some motolite sparkplugs in. (i havent ran the car yet) but he says its running great.
The valve cover gasket ran me 30.

I'm no car expert but whatever you're doing to be driving past 200k keep doing it.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Damn I've had my MSP so long I forgot what the cruise indicator looked like. Tune-up depends on what maintenance you have already done. You can replace suspension bushings and parts, you can replace the ignition setup and clean the injectors, you can replace the fuel pump if it's weak or the fuel filter, check the motor mounts, shifter bushings (if it's a manual) and swaybar bushings and replace as needed. Keep up with your fluid changes, flush power steering and brake fluid if necessary, change trans gear oil. etc etc.

Hi im back, I took my car for a spin though the cities, and my tune up job felt great. I did notice an improvement in performance of the engine. She ran a lot smoother than before.

I'm no car expert but whatever you're doing to be driving past 200k keep doing it.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Thank you, but nothing special, it's my daily driver and I change the oil from time to time and put gas in her and she does the rest :)

Hi im back, I took my car for a spin though the cities, and my tune up job felt great. I did notice an improvement in performance of the engine. She ran a lot smoother than before.

Good to hear.. I look forward to a smoother running car after the tune up.

Damn I've had my MSP so long I forgot what the cruise indicator looked like. Tune-up depends on what maintenance you have already done. You can replace suspension bushings and parts, you can replace the ignition setup and clean the injectors, you can replace the fuel pump if it's weak or the fuel filter, check the motor mounts, shifter bushings (if it's a manual) and swaybar bushings and replace as needed. Keep up with your fluid changes, flush power steering and brake fluid if necessary, change trans gear oil. etc etc.

Yeah I don't know what I would do without cruise.... I would definatley miss the crap out of it if I didn't have it :) thanks for your time, with the list of things I need to check on and possible replace.. One of the guys that I use to visit up at classic Mazda would help me out from time to time, but he recently committed suicied.. Very sad situation... So thanks again.

You should consider doing your timing belt.

At 200,000 miles your engine may have evolved into an interference engine,... it's rare for our car to bend a valve but it does happen.

Here's the big list of things to consider checking.

You should consider doing your timing belt.

At 200,000 miles your engine may have evolved into an interference engine,... it's rare for our car to bend a valve but it does happen.

Here's the big list of things to consider checking.

Cool, thanks..

I think my fuel pump might be starting to go, sometimes when I am starting to go from a dead stop and I give it has the car doesn't want to move, it like hesitates..

Back