TT Mazda 6

vindication

Missing my Protege
Contributor
:
2001 Pro 2.0 LX
So what ever happened to the Twin Turboed Mazda 6 that Wagner was building? I know it was up and running roughly and needed more things done to it. That was a long time ago, it should be done or something no right?

DSCF0903-vi.jpg

it was at tunerfest in wildwood last month..

vindication said:
so any numbers on it? did it blow up? specs? info mang, info!

can't remember the specs on it. I remember the guy having it built is currently running stock engine managment stuff and doesn't have a very good boost controller on it, so the car very well may blow up.

wow, smart guy. lets put globs of power on it and no way to control it or keep it from blowing up. (screwy)

soo, pretty much useless so far. gotcha

pretty much.. dana (kooldino) was with me and was grilling the guy.. made him look foolish.. it was great.

vindication said:
wow, smart guy. lets put globs of power on it and no way to control it or keep it from blowing up. (screwy)

soo, pretty much useless so far. gotcha

maybe he works at mazda??

If you spoke to a kid at Tunerfest than you didn't speak to the owner, because I was outside finalizing all the ballots for the show....judging the car show (for most of the show).

Yes, the car is running stock engine management, because we ran through two different engine management that didn't work. One was a two extra injector setup that messed with the ecu and the stock injectors weren't working well with it and then a MAP sensor was tried (see Supra forums more info on this type of engine management).

The goal was to put AEM EMS On the car parallel, but this car has CAN Bus and Drive By Wire, so the new STI test would have helped with the CAN BUs feedback from AEM and the drive by wire was being worked in the new GTi I believe from what I remember (been a while now). Also, the time involved for this, would have been rediculous.

ALSO, did you look inside the car? Did you see any gauges in there, if so you would have seen the AEM Wideband gauge. Also, this is not my daily driver and recently the car has been in the shop for sometime awaiting sponsorship help. I went a different route with car and I have met a lot of people in the industry, which has helped me out with my fun car..2002 WRX (cheap deal - salage title).

I am now awaiting Unichip Enginement to control timing and fuel. Unfortunately there isn't a big backing for the Mazda 6y, because everyone backs out of products even though they ask for the parts (i.e. LSD - dozens of people interested, but only 2 people going forward with it).

If you want to see the car in the future, look for it at ImportFest maybe earlier; awaiting for products from a few companies. Also, perhaps go to Mazda6tech for more info on the car, I provide detailed information throughout that forum/thread (giving all information about it...search for my name if you want to see some info).

Edit..misunderstanding, no problem. Oh yeah I forgot to mention you talked to my friend and he has just begun leanring about FI applications (he is interested in the WOMP supercharger - he has a P5). He usually bullshits to some people about the car, but he respects Mazda people and wouldn't make things up (i.e. 400whp).

Last edited:
alright.. well I take it that you're the owner of the car.. perhaps this misunderstanding was that I did not talk to (you) the owner, merely someone posing as the owner of your car.. in which case, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

with that said, everything else on your car was well done, and whoever spoke to my friend and I was grossly misinformed as to the workings of it. and yes, I would like the opportunity to check your car out once again as I always love seeing high performance 6's.. perhaps you could take it out on the road and show me?

hope to clear up any misunderstandings, please stick around, this is a good place.

thanks for the edit man.. like I said, would love the chance to learn more about your car.

Also, the stock intake manifold is horrid, so that will be replaced by Wagner's sheet metal intake. He did design one for me, but found an improvement to it after completing it for a Ford Contour (3L Duratec engine). I'll be playing around with the engine bay this winter, ripping things out. Thanks for the comp.

know anything about wagner's header and full exhaust?? saw they formally introduced that today, and I'm not going to lie and say I'm not curious about it.

Yeah, Stretch from Mazda6tech, has the test car and he provides great explanations of how everything is going with detailed pics and likes/dislikes. The one main thing he liked was the power coming out of these parts. I followed the thread a little before, but have fallen a little behind on the final thoughts. If you would like to see more, here is the thread:

http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=3732&highlight=

ALso, the weight savings is pretty nice as well. I believe the sound was the only concern, which can be fixed (not sure, but check that thread out). It will definately give you a nice push if you were to go with that and CPE's intake and prgrammable unit (be able to tune the A/F ratio to best optimize your power from the free flowing exhuast and intake.

I believe an intake manifold may come out for the 6i owners in the winter sometime, or someone is going to test the Focus one currently out...can't remember exactly.

I got to run, going to NOPI National, first time to see this event, I heard its crazy. Goodluck with the car and I'll update this thread when the car is running with engine management. Otherwise right now its just for looking at :-(

Last edited:
Back