trying to wipe Vista?

KZL_99ES

Contributor
:
2005 VW Golf TDI
so i'm at work trying to run a Killdisk on a new computer (Dell Omniplex 755) with Vista so i can wipe it clean...i need to put Vista enterprise on...

...but it doesn't work (we used it with another computer that has XP to put the vista enterprise on there and it worked fine... but i don't get it since it uses DOS anyways when running the Killdisk, so i'm assuming the opsys don't matter, right?

what can i do?

any thoughts?

thanks!
~Kevin

Gotta make sure your boot order in cmos has cd booting before hard drive boots. Del or F10 thing when you 1st turn it on. Put a bootable CD in the drive for XP or Win2k, boot up to CD, it will ask where you want to install(bear with me), make sure the c: is selected & there will be an option to delete that partition, do that & it'll wipe the drive clean. Once that's done then just cancel out of the install & take the CD out. Put the disc in for whatever you want to install & go from there with fresh clean install. You will have to repartition drive C: & format it but that should be the 1st thing the vista disc has to do before installing.

Back