Trying To Sell a Nissan....

HFD45

Contributor
:
MSP No. 970
ok...heres the background to my delimnia. I work as a mechanic 2 weeks ago I came across a customer who had a Maroon,1999 Nissan Sentra GXE 1.6 that just ticked over 139k with a nice body (the car) towed into the parking lot b/c the alternator crapped out. So she got all huffy puffy with the price to fix it & was all upset b/c she threw down alot of money in the past to fix this & have us to the work (exhuast, oil pan with gasket, 4 new tires), so shes saying how she doesnt wanna do the work b/c shes gonna junk it now. So my greedy ass threw her $375 on the spot and she gave me the title & the car the next day for a car that is blue booked @ $3,500. So today i had another customer wave $1,500 in my face for the car AS IS without making it run on the spot...

my question now is should i bite on the $1500 offered today without busting my knuckles to fix it or should i be patient and try my goal of $2500 & be greedy so my profits are $2,000 instead of only $1,000 off of my $475 spent on the car & the parts to fix it....i need some guidance!!! lol

$1,500 = no labor on my part, quick easy cash - $1000 profit
$2,500 = labor, finding parts, placing adds, finding a seller - $2000 profit

Mike

Do you need quick cash? Why not try to get 2000 for it as is...if it books out at 3500...you are selling it way under book...who knows...i would work on it and make the extra money.

lots of variables, do you have the time and patience to fix it and risk later on finding a seller, or wash your hands and make a profit. Hell you never know, there could be more wrong with it once you peel back the tomato. Just my opinion.

schiesskopf5 said:
Do you need quick cash?

eh not in drastic need no...its not taking up room, tuesday it will be out of the shop & in my drive way, the only catch is it HAS TO BE GONE by winter. Other then that no burden. Just busting my knuckles & time investing in selling

210_ZOOM said:
there could be more wrong with it once you peel back the tomato.

eh i would LIKE TO BELIEVE we know & fixed everything b/c were the ones with the work history report & worked on the car over the years, but honestly dunno....but for a $2,000 pure profit i could have the patients

Since this thing is causing you so much confusion you could always end it all right now by signing the title over to me. lol

ms03protege said:
Since this thing is causing you so much confusion you could always end it all right now by signing the title over to me. lol

lol horrible idea....i'd be losing

sell it as is, that way if you say you fixed it, they can't come back when something else breaks. and then **** them both in the ass.

I say sell it now. You've done nothing and made a thousand bucks. Or you bust your knuckles, do the searches, spend money on ads to make another thousand. The time & effort/profit ratio has jumped significantly for the second thousand. Not to mention you wouldn't really be making another thousand (if you sell at $2500) because of the cost of the parts to fix it and the cost of your labor/time which IS valuable. How much money would you make working the same amount of hours as overtime at work?

rjmhotrod said:
I say sell it now. You've done nothing and made a thousand bucks. Or you bust your knuckles, do the searches, spend money on ads to make another thousand. The time & effort/profit ratio has jumped significantly for the second thousand. Not to mention you wouldn't really be making another thousand (if you sell at $2500) because of the cost of the parts to fix it and the cost of your labor/time which IS valuable. How much money would you make working the same amount of hours as overtime at work?

$475 is with new parts & the car...oh man i never actually broke it down for what i make OT wise

Back