Trouble Code P2187

Tedro

:
2006 MazdaSPEED 6
Keep getting this trouble code P2187 on my SPEED6 (running to lean at idle) when I check it through my COBB AP. I have it Flashed it at Stage 2 91 OCT for evreything but the bigger intercooler. MODs are MS Intake, TIP, Turboback Exhaust, and a SSQVIII.

Does anyone know why I might be getting this trouble code?

because your maf is not calibrated correctly for that intake or you have a vacuum leak.

i had this code as well to, using AEM CAI (which i believe are identical, just branded differently). i solved it by getting it tuned properly (did not tune it myself, but had some help with that), as you're using a 3 inch intake which is wider and longer than the Cobb intake, henceforth your code, since the current tune your using is for Cobb and no other intake.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

The code only comes up if I'm on long distance trips. Normal driving in town it doesn't come up.

There was a TSB about the purge valve that caused that code. It's a free replacement at the dealership if you're under warranty, don't know if they might still do it if you're not. It might not be worth it for you to stock out and have them fix it, but it's worth considering...or just replace it yourself.

just got both this code today. I installed a new AEM CAI and Greddy BOV yesterday. The light came on after fine tuning the BOV release.

does the cobb AP have a tune for a AEM or MS CAI?

Back