TRIPOINT FLYWHEEL

ok, let me gett this if i get a aluminum flywheel and a better cluch, they will not add hp but gona relise more hp to the wheels right ? :rolleyes:

In theory, yes. The flywheel on our cars weighs about 24 pounds, at least that's what the techs i work with said. I trust them. Love working at a mazda dealership. the clutch can either become lighter or become heavier when upgraded. so taking almost 17 pounds off the flywheel and then adding 10 back with a beefier clutch isn't gonna do much good. if you do upgrade your clutch stay with a stage 1 or stage 2 until you add a turbo or something that will produce the high horsepower that will requiring the beefier clutches.

But if you are looking to get horsepower the best way is to lighten up as much as you can on the drivetrain. that's where a major part of the missing horsepower is locked up.

Should be getting the car back tomorrow. WIll definately have it by Fri or I will beat the mechanics!

Will post on the performance.

whether it adds hp or not, it sounds worth it. I mean, I am modifying my car for quickness anyway. HP is nice, but I want to burn people off the line for the most part. Sure, I want to stay ahead of them; but the initial power is what I want.

OK, the flywheel is great! The car seems a hell of alot more livelier now. It revs alot quicker and has more power down low. From 1,000 to 4,000 rpms it seems like a different car, but the car still doesn't have any top end power.

The mechanic said the flywheel went in no problem. My verdict: buy it. It isn't that much and installation will run ya about $150-200.

I will weigh the stock flywheel Mon.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: NC_MP3 ]

Back