trim above glove box

:
03 p5, 92 miata
how do i remove the trim piece around the glovebox that goes around the vent? the kind of golf ball texture piece. Mine has a small tear in it and id like to pull it off and try to do some mending

I think that if you drop the glovebox (push in on both sides and it should come off the top) and look behind there are some fasteners. Start there and see how it looks.

I'm planning on remodeling my interior out of fiberglass, so pretty soon all the dash pieces will be for sale. I can take that piece out before I start the whole project though. How much would you want to buy it for?

i took mine out to recover it, it was not easy at all there are alot of hidden screws i ended up taking out my air bag, and glove box just to find all the screws. But i'm glad i did it looks better all covered to match car interior.

i took mine out to recover it, it was not easy at all there are alot of hidden screws i ended up taking out my air bag, and glove box just to find all the screws. But i'm glad i did it looks better all covered to match car interior.

thats exactly what i want to do. dont want to replace it, just recover it. any idea how many screws there are to take that piece out?

if i remember right when i took out the air bag( carefully) there were 3 along the top, 2 close to the center console( not easy ones) and then i removed the panel on the side near passenger door and there were a few there, then i carefully pulled as there are clips holding it as well. Just pull from the passenger door side towards the center of car, as that how it had to go back on. I broke a clip myself but no rattle or trouble for the yr thats its been there.

Back