Tried Everything To Get Iphone/Info Center to Show Text Messages. Still Not Working

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Info center with bose no navi.

Here's what I've done, what am I missing:

1. Went into phone settings, under BT and enabled settings.
2. Enabled text messages/notifications on info center.
3. Disabled passcode on inphone.
4. Unpaired and repaired iphone.
5. Removed jailbreak from iphone (this part sucks but should be able to re-break it soon).
6. Reset Info center to factory settings.

What else?

You'll notice in video the 'notifications' above 'favorites' is still grayed out. Not sure why. I can make/receive phone calls no problem.

Go into your iPhone. Settings- Bluetooth. Pick the Mazda and tap the Info (I). Enable show notifications. That worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have notifications for text enabled for other Bluetooth devices on your iphone? My 6+ does not notify text in my new 2016 CX-5 GT and I am wondering if it is because I have notifications turned on for my home phone system which I love and will not give up....

The following must be done every time you get into your car. Double tap your home button and close the email app. Leave the messaging app open and you will receive both text and emails.

I was going to recommend the temp passcode removal but you already did that.

As a test have you cleared out all messages and turned off iMessage to see if it will handle just a raw SMS text message?

I have no experience with the '16 head unit... kinda surprised this is still an issue.

EDIT: You might want to check out one of the threads on ensuring you are on the latest firmware... perhaps you are getting bit by an early rev bug

I was going to recommend the temp passcode removal but you already did that.

As a test have you cleared out all messages and turned off iMessage to see if it will handle just a raw SMS text message?

I have no experience with the '16 head unit... kinda surprised this is still an issue.

EDIT: You might want to check out one of the threads on ensuring you are on the latest firmware... perhaps you are getting bit by an early rev bug

I have V.55 in my car.

I FINALLY GOT IT TOO WORK.

I turned off iMessage. I also turned on 'show on lockscreen'. Normally I don't want anything other than 'badge' telling me I have a text message. Apparently you also need it to show a notification on lock screen. So that was the issue.

Well, I've tried every single suggestion mentioned in several threads on this board with no success. 2016 CX-5 GT with tech package, IPhone 6S Latest version of IOS. NOTHING WORKS. Very frustrating. No matter what, no text messages. When I try to download messages that are on my IPhone, nothing. The fact that it works on some 2016s and not mine makes me think it's my IPhone but I don't know what else to try. Anybody have any ideas ???

Well, I've tried every single suggestion mentioned in several threads on this board with no success. 2016 CX-5 GT with tech package, IPhone 6S Latest version of IOS. NOTHING WORKS. Very frustrating. No matter what, no text messages. When I try to download messages that are on my IPhone, nothing. The fact that it works on some 2016s and not mine makes me think it's my IPhone but I don't know what else to try. Anybody have any ideas ???

Just to ensure you hit every suggestion can you list what you have tried so far?

Back