Transmission Swap???

P54DRIDE

Sorry if this has been asked before. Right now I have e-shift trans., and I want to swap to a standard trans. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what I need to get to make this swap possible. I drive a 2002 Protege5. I have a basic idea of what I need, but I know there is more. Much thanks to anyone who helps me with this.

Well for starters you'll need: the tranny, CV axles, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, new brake master cylinder (manual tranny models share fluid with the brake reservoir), slave cylinder, hydraulic lines, clutch pedal, shifter, linkage, and the interior trim pieces. I may have missed a few things, but there is quite a bit involved. Unless you have access to a wrecked car to pull the parts from, it is usually more cost effective to sell your car and purchase one that is already equipped with a manual tranny.

Hey thanks man. I was thinkin of grabbing a 99+ Protege from the near-by junkyard. If I grab the parts from that will it work? But I don't know anymore. The P5 can't really make any power N/A. I might be looking into buying a another car and just sell my P5.

P54DRIDE said:
Hey thanks man. I was thinkin of grabbing a 99+ Protege from the near-by junkyard. If I grab the parts from that will it work? But I don't know anymore. The P5 can't really make any power N/A. I might be looking into buying a another car and just sell my P5.

Yes, all of the parts from the 99+ should be a direct swap. Some of the interior trim pieces may be different though.

Back