transmission questions

neroxix

:
Mazdaspeed Protege' 2003.5
So I've been researching a bit about a certain noise coming from my transmission and it seems to be my throwout bearing is failing. :( my symptoms are squealing/shrieking in reverse grinding sound in neutral and once the clutch is pressed in it'll stop grinding. My father in law will help me with the repair but I need to know the exact parts that are recommended to replace as well with the bearing, that way I don't have to drop the tranny more than once. I plan on getting the stage 2 clutch and an aluminum flywheel. Other than that I would like to know the tools required and other commonly failed parts in the transmission. What brands do you recommend on the clutch and flywheel? Also I will be purchasing the bearing from racing beat anything with a Mazda 2.0 manual trans will be the correct bearing right?
Thanks for your time.

Rear main seal, pilot bearing, act heavy duty clutch kit should come with the clutch dusk, preassure plate, throw out bearing and pilot bearing

Thanks for the info tweety, saved me an extra 50$. I do know my rear main seal is bad also but totally forgot about it. How hard is it to remove the msp trans? Two guys be enough to do it? Do I have to lift the engine? This will be my father in law's and my 1st time rebuilding a fwd transmission is why I ask.

Also will the spec stage 3 clutch kit have the same parts? I like to buy from cr3motorsports and am not seeing the act clutch kit on there and I don't really want to buy an "act" from a knock off site.
Thoughts on the spec flywheel vs fidanza? Differences between the two?

Stage 3 spec will be a b**** for daily driving. If you don't plan on forging an oem replacement or stage one will be fine. Act heavy duty street disc isn't bad which is why I recommend it

Back