Transmission Internal Picture thread

these are the best pics i can take with my camera :(

I hope they help more. Also, i can take all kinds of photos of my transmission, seeming as it cant go anywhere for a while lol..

That's the same way that Velocifero's diff sheared.

@Nightmare - yeah, take tons off pics of odd things in the trans that isn't yet posted here.

Nightmare said:
these are the best pics i can take with my camera :(

I hope they help more. Also, i can take all kinds of photos of my transmission, seeming as it cant go anywhere for a while lol..

404 - That thing not found.

oki I can be saved!

Anyone with a broken LSD has at least one of these, and here, i present the anatomy of the msp lsd.

First, remove this drift pin, holding the center shaft:

Second, Pull the shaft out of the center section like so, please try not to interchange the initial location of the gears that are by the shaft, though im not certain this will not make any differance, im sure its just as well to put things back together just as they were in the first place.

You should look something like this:

Look down into the cavity, and retrive this peice:

under this peice, is the peice I need, the friction ring:

EDIT: I forgot to mention, Each LSD has two of these friction rings, one in either end of the diff.

Last edited:
The newer one is awesome.
It doesn't explode into a million pieces when you're trying to put it on the main shaft.

I know this is a super old thread but this ^^^^^ happened to me does anyone have an exploded view of the old setup? Also where do the two ball and springs go?

Back