Transmission Help Asap!

AznXstazy

:
Mazda MP3
hey guys, i just removed my transmission this morning tring to install a new clutch. well i got everything in, about to put the transmission on, but it wont go on... it was hard getin it off due to this small bolt i didnt see. but now i cant seem to get it on... the passenger half shaft is on, driver side axle is off. i have the transmission on a transmission jack, but cant get it on. seems like its stuck somewhere... any thoughts of what can get in the way? how to get it on? its hooked in with the axle.

Usually i just get the tranny lined up and kinda wiggle it side to side and everything slides together.

umm how do you get the tranny to line up? like right now its lighted up... but i think its hittin the half shaft... is there specific way how to put it in?

get someone to slowly turn the crank pulley around while you push the box on....splines are probably not quite lined up.

-Lift the trans so the center shaft lines up with the splines on the center of the clutch.
-Once the trans is about an inch from the engine, you can thread the bolts on top to pull the trans together with the engine.

I had the same problem the first time around.

thats what i tried to do prodigy. looks like i got the center shaft on... cause it can pretty much hold itself up. i can only get 2 bolts on top in. i might have to take them off tomorrow n try to wiggle them in. i might try to crank pulley thing not sure if that will work or not though. any more ideas? idk my freind told me to take off the half shaft that it would come out if it came it... i told him that i needed to cause the how to said you didnt. well i went ahead n tried it and now its just hard to get it back in.. reason why i didnt want to take it out.

Either use those two bolts to pull the trans to the engine
or

-knock the 32mm locking axel nut off
-remove the 3 (14mm) bolts hold the half shaft in place in you haven't already
-------possibly remove the 2 17mm bolts on the struts(you might have enough room with them there)
-pull the halfshaft out/lay it outta the way.

I'm sure it's just the splines on the main shaft.
Use the bolts to pull it together.

You have enough room to wiggle both half shafts in after the trans is bolted to the engine so remove them if necessary.

haha, i just put the half shaft back in last night... it was kind of a b***h to get them out, idk if i want to try again. the passenger side axle just didnt want to come out and i didnt feel like banging on it like crazy for it to come out. so i just left it. im just afraid of messing up the teeth on the half shaft... but i might try that way. but going to try to rotate the crank and the passenger side axle and see how that works today. but i have to go to work this morning so i cant do it till the afternoon.

miss_steele_msp said:
was your clutch lined up properly? It sounds like you didn't push the clutch tool all the way in.

thats what i thought... i decided to pull out the tranny to see maybe if the plate was on wrong or something. well after i pulled it out i tested the original one on the tranny n it fit right in. but the exedy required a bit more work. idk it took like the 2nd time taking the tranny off then putting the tranny back on for it to slip in... idk how it happened, but it just went in. i end up messing up the thread on of 1 out of 3 bolts rear motor mount. the threading inside the block... idk how im going to fix that... but the other 2 is on pretty tight. my passenger side motor mount is shot now ripped it pretty bad... but im not sure how i did it. that was like the 2nd time dropping the tranny today and it just went in after i lifted it up to put it back on.

any body have any ideas how to fixed a stripped hole in the block... i only have 2 bolts instead of 3 cause i tried to put one of the bolts through wrong...

wow, just to think i was finished. my driver side oil seal decided to leak a crap load of my oil out... i just replaced it today with oem one from mazda. hopefully i did it right and it wont leak now... PLEASE NO LEAKING!

GRRRR my car is giving me the biggest headache! now that im done with the oil seal... i was driving home from a friends house and my check engine light came on... being as scared as i was i quickly pulled over to the next parking lot to check everything out. everything looked fine. i called my dad and he told me to carefully drive it home. i made it home with the car in one piece. hopefully its nothing big... maybe just a messed up o2 sensor or something. going to go to autozone tomorrow to have them check it out. and going to check the seal tomorrow. it looked like it was leaking a bit... but cant be positive till tomorrow...

BEFORE ANYONE CHANGES A CLUTCH READ THIS!
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2184644&postcount=5

kinda mad that i find that now... all the symptoms that i had looks like it was there. when i pulled out my clutch, i still had ALOT of life left in the clutch, but the pressure plate had a lot of small burn spots. should all come off with a resurfacing.

EDIT: btw, this is for the egr valve needing to be cleaned

Last edited:
gearbox is major surgury if you don't quite know what you are doing.....job i'll certainly be leaving to the professionals

Back