Transmission clunk

joeski

:
Mazda Speed 2003.5, Yellow
Hello there, I've got a 2005 3 hatchback A/T, with 10K miles. Luv the car overall but recently I have had a strange clunking noise. Heres what happens:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Driving down the road light on the gas, let off the gas and then get back into the gas "clunk" with a delay.<o:p></o:p>

Driving down the road say in 3rd, let of gas it shifts into 4th "clunk". It would seem to me it feels like a loose motor mount?<o:p></o:p>

If anyone is experiencing as similar symptom please let me know, it just may be a low end automatic transmission problem.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks, <o:p></o:p>

Joe Ski

if you have been kinda hard on it now and then, some people are reporting having a torn motor mount.... this could be that... not knowing where the "clunk" is coming from or what it sounds like.... i would take it in to the stealership and see what they say, may or maynot be covered under warranty b/c if its the motor mount they could blame it on your driving depends on what kinda mood your service writer is in... good luck...

Don't lift to let it shift, let it do it's thing. I had slightly loose CV axle nuts. I snugged 'em up on my last tire rotation.

Back