Transmission and Engine mounts

Hey all,

I'm pretty new to this forum. I had a question about transmission and motor mounts. Why is the left side mount so difficult to source via online autoparts websites? My 06 mazda5 Sport ate up the right side mount. I replaced it and the bottom rear mount. It used to make a lot of noise before a changed it. Now the sound is back but the right side (passenger side) mount is still in good shape. So I figure its the Left side mount seeing as it hasn't been changed yet. Does anyone have a part number or a link for this specific part? I had a headache with an online auto parts company over them shipping me the wrong part twice then saying it was the right part. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried Rock Auto? I just went to Transmission - Automatic and there's an option for transmission mount. PN: DEA A4414

I think I need to change mine soon too - I often have a vibration when the car is cold and a rough idle (when in gear) once the car is hot. I've replaced the right motor mount and the purge solenoid valve, so the transmission mount is next.

I checked the site out. I like the poly bushings. I would buy if they had both drivers side and passenger side mounts. From what it seams like the passenger side mount is failing again. Do you know of any other sites that might have drivers side mounts?

If your car is eating passenger mounts, it's time to check and expect the tranny mount to be shot.

Yes I checked the tranny mount. It looks shot. The engine rocks a lot when you put the car in park and push on the front bumper. I think I'll get a poly tranny mount this time. And standard motor mounts. I swear this car has a really wonky front end. Its having some front suspension issues as well.

Yes I checked the tranny mount. It looks shot. The engine rocks a lot when you put the car in park and push on the front bumper. I think I'll get a poly tranny mount this time. And standard motor mounts. I swear this car has a really wonky front end. Its having some front suspension issues as well.

Poly tranny mount? I know the rear and passenger mounts can be found in poly, but I have not heard of the tranny mount in poly.

Why not just stock rubber for the sake of smoothness?

I've chased rough idle issues over and over with my Mazda5 and the only fix was an OEM Mazda passenger side mount. The transmission mount is still the Rock Auto piece (mentioned above) and the rear mount is an OEM Mazda piece. This is what I recommend.

Back