Trans Issues.....what else is new...

:
2003 Spicy Orange MSP, boosted Miata dead and parted
Hey guys,Idk what happened but my clutch is slipping horribly.I followed all the break-in procedures, i didn't go over 3k rpm, didn't launch it(and still haven't since we did the clutch and LSD) and It only has about~5k miles on it since Speed circuit installed it. I don't beat on the car at all..

So here's the story: I drove it to work monday afternoon, no problems, drove it to long island to my brothers house monday night, no problems. Started the car up today to drive home and its slipping horribly while in gear when pushing the throttle any more than ~10%. It engages the gears fine but the point where it catches has changed to much higher up. When i got home i expected to smell burning clutch.....not a single whiff, even while driving, not a whiff.

If the engine is cold everything works fine no issues, soon as the engine is at opertating temps for about 10min the problem comes again

I checked the slave and its working, i see it engage and disengage, only thing i didn't check was if the range of movement is move so when the car is cold, over warm. Didn't feel any liquid/oil in the rubber boot of the slave either.

anyone have any ideas?

Could your rear main seal be leaking oil onto the clutch? I would be contacting speed circuit soon

i called dino last night, he thought it may have be the slave, i did the whole slave checking this morning

Back