Traded in the 2014 Mazda3 iGT for another Mazda

mazdadude

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOM
:
'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
No I am not crazy, my mother had me tested...(screwy)

There were a few things I thought I could get used to, but in the end I could not get past.
  • The car is made to fight the civic, corolla, and has been tuned towards those buyers also, which has resulted in a loss of the typical Mazda charm for me.
  • The dark leatherette/vinyl seats are not good for summer temps. A cloth option would be welcome here.
  • The stock 16 inch tires were very disappointing in grip, B rated, and if I had decided to keep the car, I was replacing these even at just 5,000 miles.
  • The tiny tachometer in the lower corner is impossible to read, luckily bouncing off the rev limiter is very smooth.
  • It is too light in the rear, I had an experience where a strong gust of crosswind a semi truck box trailer wind turbulence, and a road bump, combined at 70 mph to lift the rear of the car and scoot it over a foot. (whistle)

Combined with my mobility issues of shifting and getting into and out of the small and low car, I decided it was to go on to somebody else who would appreciate and enjoy it more than I. (friday)

So, I traded it in, along with my 2013 CX5 2.0 Touring FWD, for a 2015 Mazda CX-5 2.5L, AWD, Touring. Ahhhh.... Perfect!

I decided it was to go on to somebody else who would appreciate and enjoy it more than I. (friday)

So, I traded it in, along with my 2013 CX5 2.0 Touring FWD, for a 2015 Mazda CX-5 2.5L, AWD, Touring. Ahhhh.... Perfect!

I can tell that your English grammar is above average, so you can't be that crazy! Most people would've written that as "more than me", which we should all know is incorrect.

The CX-5 won't handle as well as your 3 did, or get any where near the gas mileage, but only you should determine what is most important when it comes to vehicle features. The CX-5 is a great vehicle. Enjoy.

I can tell that your English grammar is above average, so you can't be that crazy! Most people would've written that as "more than me", which we should all know is incorrect.

The CX-5 won't handle as well as your 3 did, or get any where near the gas mileage, but only you should determine what is most important when it comes to vehicle features. The CX-5 is a great vehicle. Enjoy.

LOL, thanks! No between the AWD, the motor increase, and height /drag differences the MPG will take a big hit... ~7mpg.

If I drove the 3i GT 2.0L hard, city only, I could get it as low as 29mpg, and taking it easy, highway speed under 65 mph as high as 42mpg. My all-around average tanks were hovering around 35-36mpg.

The AWD CX-5 does handle differently than the FWD one we had. There is a slight increase in under steer, but it is to be expected with the extra weight and ground clearance.

I wonder if the OP checked out the sGT.....
The tachometer is better, bigger 18" wheels, better seats.
Must better overall acceleration, of course.
I am quite happy with it, though I only get it drive it on weekends.

[*]The dark leatherette/vinyl seats are not good for summer temps. A cloth option would be welcome here.

Just bought an iGT Hatchback yesterday, and I have to say that those black leatherette seats gave me pause. With temps in the 100's for the next couple of days, I'll see if this is going to be a real issue. I agree there should be a cloth option.

Congrats on the CX5 - now only if they would reestablish the MazdaSpeed lines in the near future and expand the series to involve all or almost all of their vehicles. Wishful thinking on a CX5Speed (bow)

Congrats on the CX5 - now only if they would reestablish the MazdaSpeed lines in the near future and expand the series to involve all or almost all of their vehicles. Wishful thinking on a CX5Speed (bow)

I have to admit that I too have been imagining what the CX5 would feel like with some 18" wheels, some 2" lower springs, paddle shifters, and 203 hp.(nailbyt)

I have to admit that I too have been imagining what the CX5 would feel like with some 18" wheels, some 2" lower springs, paddle shifters, and 203 hp.(nailbyt)
I have my fingers crossed so I can trade my poopy 2.0l for the diesel if it comes.

I do like those CX5's. They let me drive one while I was waiting for my Mazda 3GT to arrive. Loved it. It was the MPG that I could not get over in that car. I do drool every time I see one driving though...

Back