Traded in CRV

Jrod32

:
CX5
So I traded in my 2018 CRV EX-L for a 2019 CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve. I wanted something fun to drive and more options. Talked to a few Audi and BMW dealers but couldnt agree on a price with the options I wanted. I almost gave up, then I heard about the CX-5 getting this new turbo engine. Went for the test drive and well, here I am. Very fun car to drive. Dont get me wrong, the CRV is a great vehicle just well, boring.

Every time I go car shopping, I look at the CRV since *it s a Honda!* But I always come away unimpressed or disappointed. I*m glad we got our 2013 CX-5.

Its not a bad vehicle. It gets amazing gas mileage, its somewhat quick considering its a 1.5L. Honestly the only thing I would say Honda does better than thr CX5 is the Honda sensing. The lane keep assist was on point in the CRV, basically drove itself. But overall, it is very boring to drive. Plus the options you get and the quality of interior in the CX5 is just outstanding.

Congrats. I think the CX-5 is the best all around choice. The turbo is a game changer for the CX-5 and why we bought the Signature for my wife a month ago. After a year of looking my wife took this for a 4 hour test drive so she could really get a feel for it. We came home with it the same night. She is living it!

With the addition of the GTR, imo the cx5 is the default choice for a mid 30k cuv.
Unless you're the type of person who names your kid something stupid just for the sake of not being normal.

With the addition of the GTR, imo the cx5 is the default choice for a mid 30k cuv.
Unless you're the type of person who names your kid something stupid just for the sake of not being normal.

"Go to your room ABCD!"

Default choice?!....I guess that's your opinion.

I'd classify it as "definitely something you need to consider". Just my .02

So I traded in my 2018 CRV EX-L for a 2019 CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve. I wanted something fun to drive and more options. ... Dont get me wrong, the CRV is a great vehicle just well, boring.

Since you live down south, you probably didn't notice any oil dilution issues on the CR-V, correct?

It's nice being able to say "Oil Dilution" and not have the thread locked. :)

Default choice?!....I guess that's your opinion.

I'd classify it as "definitely something you need to consider". Just my .02

Style and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, can you produce a vehicle option that:

-Cost $34-38K
-Has similar amenities
-Has similar performance
-Has a similar track record of reliability (engine/transmission) of major components
-Has a similar operating cost
-Is of similar capacity/size
-Achieves similar economy

Then I would like to read about it.

Since you live down south, you probably didn't notice any oil dilution issues on the CR-V, correct?

This is still a huge problem with their 1.5L turbo engine, and not just in the CR-V.
The problem is finally starting to get some traction in the media, but of course Honda is still doing everything it can to hide the problem.
They've issued a TSB in the U.S. but have worded it in such a way that there is no mention of oil dilution.
They refuse to call it a recall, but have sent letters to all CR-V owners in colder climates to get their vehicles checked and fixed ASAP.
At least in Canada they are more up front about it, calling it what it is.
Consumer Reports also finally made mention of it, in November I believe, but has yet to change the CR-V to not recommended status.
I've been following this story on one of the more active CR-V forums, and it isn't pretty.

Style and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, can you produce a vehicle option that:

-Cost $34-38K
-Has similar amenities
-Has similar performance
-Has a similar track record of reliability (engine/transmission) of major components
-Has a similar operating cost
-Is of similar capacity/size
-Achieves similar economy

Then I would like to read about it.

Just like you stated....everything is in the eye of the beholder.

Just because its your default choice, doesnt mean that it becomes everyone one elses. We all dont share your opinions.

I can produce a list with the criteria that you set, but I got the feeling that youll have your own bias with it anyway. Its not that hard...lots of auto reviewers out there have their list of cars wit most of the personal criteria that you set.
But given all that, I do agree that the CX5 has a lot of the features that consumers are looking for.

Just because it*s your default choice, doesnt mean that it becomes everyone one else*s. We all dont share your opinions.

I can produce a list with the criteria that you set, but I got the feeling that you*ll have your own bias with it anyway. It*s not that hard...lots of auto reviewers out there have their list of cars wit most of the personal criteria that you set.
But given all that, I do agree that the CX5 has a lot of the features that consumers are looking for.

The only one I can think of was the 2.0XT forester, now discontinued. Hyundai may alao make something, but im unsure.

No real changes, except they're supposed to have the oil dilution TSB already performed on them.

Looking at the TSB, it seems like a stab in the dark by Honda.
Maybe it fixes the problem, or maybe it's just more lipstick on a pig BS. I tend to lean towards the BS side.
They also haven't addressed the lack of heat issue in cold climates.
Where I live, the CR-V never warms up, clears the windshield, etc. in cold temperatures.
Time will tell.

Just because its your default choice, doesnt mean that it becomes everyone one elses. We all dont share your opinions.

I can produce a list with the criteria that you set, but I got the feeling that youll have your own bias with it anyway. Its not that hard...lots of auto reviewers out there have their list of cars wit most of the personal criteria that you set.
If you can produce a list is someone holding a gun to your head asking you not to post? Are your taxes going to go up by 50% if you post? Post the list man. POST ITTTTTT.
Its like saying I can beat the hell out of someone but I won't since it will mess up my Fitbit step count. Lol.
And please no CPO Porsche with Euro tune type answers. We have already heard those.
New
6.2 secs to 60
Sporty
Reliable
Feature wise comparable
You can go a size down but you will still lose.

Good luck.

Back