TPMS fuse location and/or troubleshooting

robin2660

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3
I don't run TPMS on my winter wheels and am used to the light but it just went out. I looked in owner's manual and can't find any specific TPMS fuse. Does anyone know which one it is? And, could there be any other causes I need to check?

Nothing out of the ordinary's happened recently except for a couple weeks ago I left my key on, battery was dead, and I used a trickle charger with "start" amperage to start the car (was in a hurry). But the TPMS thing only happened today.

TIA.

How long have you driven the car since the battery was dead?

Two weeks. At least half a dozen trips. The TPMS light was on the majority of that time.

Last edited:
Ok, you guys are probably waiting for me to go through all the fuses to see what's up. I thought it might help streamline things if someone here knew which one of the multiple use fuses was the one I should seek.

Still, can there be any other causes?

Man, it's annoying that there's no published TPMS fuse location. I have yet to get out there and start pulling fuses to find it. Apparently it is also a fuse for other functions, but nothing else seems to be malfunctioning ....

Wellll ... I can't believe no one has answers for this. Sloth, I guess.

Anyway, and interestingly enough, I washed the car yesterday. TODAY, I'm 5 miles into a 10 mile trip, and the ABS light starts flashing and now it's on, even after stopping and starting the car.

Any of you sleuths want to hazard a guess?

Same situation here as my Summer wheels from Tirerack has no TPMS. My light will go solid to flashing and back and forth depending. I've never had it stay off but dont see why that cant happen either. It gets "latched" into a state then something will change that state. In your case it might have been the charge voltage was enough to get it to stay off. In any case it looks like yours is not broken. When I get my car inspected the station owner always offer to transfer my sensors from the factory wheels to the tirerack wheels and I always turn it down. He's just trying to make $$$. I've learned to live without it.

Last edited:
Just a thought... If you read my other posts, I do not own a MZ3, lady does, but I used to drive a VW Jetta that LOVED to throw CEL because of my exhaust, turbo, headers, etc. Eventually, the light burnt out... I just thought I got lucky, until I went to get her inspected and the car kept throwing codes on the emmission machine. Could not for the life of me figure out why, and then it hit me. CEL was still on, just burnt out... (jerkit)

Back