TPM Sensors

Anyone found after market TPM sensors that will register with the factory system? I've found factory sensors for $75, but would like to pay less, if possible.

The only time I got cheated on eBay was buying "used" stuff.
Other than that I have bought more than 30 items from eBay w/o complaints.
Avoid "used" stuff. The language can be interpreted in many ways.
In contrast NIB (new in box) is NIB. There is no way around that.

Other than the cost for the sensors, you also need to go to dealers to have them program (register) all the sensors ($100-200). Each sensor has an unique ID.

The only time I got cheated on eBay was buying "used" stuff.
Other than that I have bought more than 30 items from eBay w/o complaints.
Avoid "used" stuff. The language can be interpreted in many ways.
In contrast NIB (new in box) is NIB. There is no way around that.

Other than the cost for the sensors, you also need to go to dealers to have them program (register) all the sensors ($100-200). Each sensor has an unique ID.

Hey Ceric,

I purchased my Blizzak and Sport Edition rims off TireRack with TPMS installed. I didn't have to do a thing other than install the tires. The sensors were registered immediately. I had the local NTB install the tires ($20) and no red light on TPMS when I picked up the car. I suspect they didn't drive it any distance to register the sensors. The same for last Saturday when I put the original 20" rims back on....no warning light. Just as if I had no TPMS installed at all.

I didn't have to go to the dealer at all.

Anyone found after market TPM sensors that will register with the factory system? I've found factory sensors for $75, but would like to pay less, if possible.

When I bought them with my tires and rims on TireRack the 315Mhz sensors were $66 EACH.

I have heard people say they had to have them programmed but I have never experienced any such need myself either... Maybe that was the early days of TPMS. I believe they are much better/smarter systems now and as long as they are sending the same signal you dont need them programmed?

There is a process for "programming" them in the manual. I can't remember what it was, but it's not that difficult. They suggest taking it to a certified Mazda dealer, but it's not necessary if I'm remembering right.

If you love DIY. Here it is from my workshop manual.

(wheels mounted with unregistered sensors)
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, then turn it off
- Leave the vehicle with engine off for 15 min or more
- Drive the vehicle at a speed of 25mk/h (15.5 mph) or more for 10 min or more
- After driving for 10 min, verify that the TPMS warning light dose not flash and is not
illuminated

The factory TPM registering procedure is in the owners manual also.

Good deal from Tire Rack, but I'm not buying wheels and tires from them.

Back