Toyos Suck...looking for something else

the tortoise said:
My Toyo Proxes4 are great in the rain. Actually, they kind do everything well.

ya i've got them on my jetta. not bad. I had dunlop A2 sports on it before and loved them. the toyos don't pump the h2o the way the dunlops did. only problem is they don't make them any more.

Toyo Proxes FZ4 are no longer avail. The Proxes4 are the new replacement for the older FZ4 and are a great tire. I use them on my Mazda3 with great results....

theweev said:
ya i've got them on my jetta. not bad. I had dunlop A2 sports on it before and loved them. the toyos don't pump the h2o the way the dunlops did. only problem is they don't make them any more.
my bad the proxes 4's are on the 5. I have TPT's on the jetta. I think a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 's are the ticket.

the tortoise said:
My Toyo Proxes4 are great in the rain. Actually, they kind do everything well.

I had a set of Proxes4 on my P5 too. Excellent tire in the wet and dry.

StealthWyvern said:
How do you liek the TPT's? Do you find that they grip good?

better than the Proxes 4's in the wet by a mile. the TPT's durometer rating is a 320 but the rubber feels harder than that. apart from that, the TPT's are fine. I think someone mentioned on here that the OEM toyo's are as a rule, generally pretty poor. I find that for where I live a tire w/ a focus on wet performance is the way to go. most tires do a good job in the dry and all-season really means "jack of all trades, master of none." As a result I tend to focus on wet weather performance above all else. because, ultimately I want to be able to stop/corner and accelerated as well during the 7-8 months of the year when it's wet as I do in the summer when we dry out ;).

Brand New Toyo's Blowout

With 1,065 miles on my new Mazda5, my back-right Toyo blew out

109623452-M.jpg

Now my family is stuck in Ft. Stockton and no one in town has a replacement... Have to drive to Odessa tomorrow to get a new one.. Hopefully it won't have the same defects!

theweev said:

I installed these in size 205/55/16 a few weeks ago, and love them. The extra sidewall has made the ride quality a tad more comfortable, without sacrificing any grip or handling in comparison to the stock 17" Toyos. The best part is that the Michelins are fantastic in the rain -- a huge improvement over the stock tires. Since they'll be pretty much at full tread, I'm going to try to get through the NJ winter with them instead of going with full-on snows.

16s:
5-16.jpg

bridgestone re750 are the best all around tire i've ever had. they last long, grip great and handel fantastically inthe rain. the only bad thing is that they are a bit pricey

Wow, that's weird. So far I've been happy with the OEM Toyos. We just came back from a trip last week and had some good rain for an hour or more coming down from 8000ft and I must say they didn't slip one bit nor did I notice any instability.
Hmmm...

Back