Touch up small scratches in paint

dd123

:
Mazda protege-5 2002
Guys,
Here is the story: I have Protege5/2002 Black in Color with many small scratches and small chips.
Being so analytical about the upkeep of my car, I want to see if I can take care of most of the paint issues if not all with some effort.
I don't really want to go to a pint of diminishing return if you get what I am talking about... basically best bang for limited effort but still leave the paint a bit imperfect...

Now, to be frank, I am a complete noob and would like someone knowledgeable to help me do this..
Of course, being a professional, I respect my as well as your time and am ready to compensate for the time reasonably..
Also, I being in san diego, won't prefer to travel to long distance but we would see..

Not looking for a perfect finish but somewhat better than current, so not looking for a touchup/paint expert but a decent one...

Let me know...., I am in San Diego...

Thanks

DD

I used this awhile back on my 2005 Jet Black BMW M3: http://drcolorchip.com/

It works pretty well and only takes ~30 mins of work (+drying time) for the front of the car, give or take depending on how many chips that you have.

It doesn't *fill* any of the chips / scratches; it just colors them in, so from >6-8 feet away, it doesn't appear like there are any issues. As you can closer, you will see the divots. I'd say it is worth the money, and is a pretty good solution to at least put a band-aid on your paint issues until you are ready to move to a re-spray.

Post pics when you get done!

I used this awhile back on my 2005 Jet Black BMW M3: http://drcolorchip.com/

It works pretty well and only takes ~30 mins of work (+drying time) for the front of the car, give or take depending on how many chips that you have.

It doesn't *fill* any of the chips / scratches; it just colors them in, so from >6-8 feet away, it doesn't appear like there are any issues. As you can closer, you will see the divots. I'd say it is worth the money, and is a pretty good solution to at least put a band-aid on your paint issues until you are ready to move to a re-spray.

Post pics when you get done!
thanks for this, I would definitely try this for sure....

I hope that works for you - it looks like a lot of their "after" shots were just taken at a different angle or with different lighting to hide the scratches...

I hope that works for you - it looks like a lot of their "after" shots were just taken at a different angle or with different lighting to hide the scratches...

I am not expecting miracles from a $50 bottle. No amount of DIY touchup can match the professional paint job.
But for me, I just want to hide some big scratches/chips, that's it.

I would try to post pics once I am done and that would be after sometime.

FYI for those who are interested in this or are skeptical on the results, here is a post from m3forums that I used to frequent: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=276191

This is from an actual member who tried the product, and shows before / during / after in the process of using Dr. Colorchip. It convinced me to do the same to my car and was VERY impressive, IMO. Good luck dd123

Back