total mileage check for speed3 owners

Hikaru9 said:
Those Bridgestones are sitting in my basement - not sure what I'm going to do with them. -_-;;

Drove 380 miles so far. Can't wait for that 600! *^_^*
I drove it to work today instead of taking my government vehicle. (a ford minivan >_<)

PM me if you want to sell them at a 'get rid of them price' if a decent price i'll prolly buy em

Breaking 400 and no CELs yet. ^_^v

I noticed something very annoying though.
The visors are way too short! The Sun was cooking the left side of my face as I was coming back from lunch, so I swung the visor out to the driver's side window. It didn't extend even as far as my glasses, and I was sitting upright, too! (not leaning like a gangsta lol~) It's a little thing but still quite annoying 'cause my friends call me a vampire as I am extremely sensitive to the Sun. >_<

2700, with first oil change in 1 week.

No CELs, but my TPMS keeps going off. I've identified the right-rear wheel as the culprit. When the TPMS light goes off, the tire reads about 25-27 lbs. instead of the recommended 32 lbs. All of the other tires measure just fine. They are going to take a look at the tire when it goes in for the oil change.

turbofever said:
About 1,800 miles so far.

Only a few issues so far. I had the CEL pop on last night, but it disappeared early this morning. The car can be difficult to shift into 2nd when very cold. Also, the factory tires were worthless in the snow so I bought some 16 wheels and snow tires.

Ummm arent you worried about throwing your odometer off by putting different sized tires on it?

dancing in the rain~~~

Almost 500 miles (in 7 days) and the engine hasn't fallen out of the car just yet. lol~

It rained quite a bit today, and it was the first time for me to use the rain-sensing wipers. I don't know how I lived without them because this feature worked really well. I was expecting it to be only a nuisance (like being overly sensitive and wiping too fast); however, my worries were unwarranted as the wipers worked flawlessly, varying its speed constantly depending on the amount of rain hitting the windshield. It should be a standard feature for all cars! (along with HIDs) *^_^*

I thought it'd be fun to drive on the back roads with high-speed twisties on the way back home while it was still raining as no cars were present after 12 a.m. I admit it wasn't the smartest thing to do -slippery surface, poor visibility due to rain, danger of running into deers, etc. Strangely I felt very secure in those less than perfect driving conditions as the car tracked the road faithfully. I think I will have fun in any weather condition with the MS3.

Well you guys will love this, going on 10,000 miles since october and not a single problem, tires are great, and running better than ever, taking it in next week for another oil change and service.

SwampAss said:
not if they are close to the same overall diameter.

18" is 18" no matter how you measure it. 16" wheel is only 88% as big, circumference-wise which is what im assuming the computer uses to calculate miles traveled. You'd rack up miles faster and your speedo would be off

Ryno said:
18" is 18" no matter how you measure it. 16" wheel is only 88% as big, circumference-wise which is what im assuming the computer uses to calculate miles traveled. You'd rack up miles faster and your speedo would be off
The total diameter including the tire is what really matters. Stock is 215/45-18, my winters are 205/60-15. The difference from the shorter wheel is made up with the larger sidewall. The stock combination the diameter is 25.61. My combination is 25.68. Diameter Difference is only 0.28%. Thats as close as your going to get.

Attachments

• winterwheel1.JPG
    winterwheel1.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 134
  • winterwheel2.JPG
    winterwheel2.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 122
Ryno said:

you need to also include the tire and aspect ratio.

edit: shoulda read the next page

WTF MATE said:
Well you guys will love this, going on 10,000 miles since october and not a single problem, tires are great, and running better than ever, taking it in next week for another oil change and service.

You are the flag carryer! Thanks for the update.

turbofever said:
The total diameter including the tire is what really matters. Stock is 215/45-18, my winters are 205/60-15. The difference from the shorter wheel is made up with the larger sidewall. The stock combination the diameter is 25.61. My combination is 25.68. Diameter Difference is only 0.28%. Thats as close as your going to get.

For some reason I thought it would be a good reason to totally disregard tires lol. My apologies.

turbofever said:

Where'd ya get them wheels? Im sure Ill be investing in a very similar combo once I get me an MS3

Yay~

Hit 600 on my way back from the church this morning.

Does it mean that I can open up the throttle, or should I baby it for another 400 miles or so? ^_^a

I was playing with that calculator and found that 225/60/15's will be the exact same diameter and not throw off the speedo at all. Now to find a wheel that is 15 x 7 . . .

EDIT: 15 inch wheels wont clear the brakes, will they?

Last edited:
obaa996 said:
I have a whopping 15 miles on mine. Feels like brand new! :)
On a more serious note, the gas pedal got caught twice on the factory all-weather mats, sending it up to redline. Anyone else had this happen?
Same deal happened to me!!! Youcan bet the first thing I did was shut the key off and pull that darn mat right out from under my feet. I took a razor and cut a section away from the area near the accel pedal and its been all good ever since. Boy, did that ever piss me off though!

Ryno said:
I was playing with that calculator and found that 225/60/15's will be the exact same diameter and not throw off the speedo at all. Now to find a wheel that is 15 x 7 . . .

EDIT: 15 inch wheels wont clear the brakes, will they?
Doubt it. My 16" winter wheels are a very close fit.

Back