Torque app - oil dilution quantity

:
Mazda CX-5 AWD
I'm using a Torque app and monitoring some parameters while driving.
Can someone explain what parameter PID "Oil Dil Qty" shows? It is strange to me, that it uses kg (kilogram) as a unit. Not a g (gram) or % for example.
What are the expected results when the engine finished the regeneration?

I have CX-5 2.2 diesel.

I have not used "torque app" but instead use "FORscan". On my 2019 North American 2.2 diesel, I usually see around 3.1 - 7.6 grams of oil dilution after a regeneration cycle that "burns off" or reduces through driving.

With FORscan, I can select various units of measure to display for individual pid's. That is likely an option with Torque as well.

Here's a screenshot of what I have set up for my standard "driving page" display...

Screenshot_20230207-062656~3.png
Screenshot_20230207-063456~2.png

The "Oil Dil Qty" pid is showing the "calculated" amount of fuel that made its way into the oil sump produced by the regeneration cycle. It goes up rapidly during regeneration and then reduces slowly (burns off) the fuel in the oil during driving which is calculated as well. If you do long high speed cruising, it burns off more rapidly than short city driving. The longer you keep the engine oil hot, the quicker it burns off

Last edited:
Thank you for your informative answer. I'm sure there is an error where unit is set to "kg" instead of "g".

Back