TOO excited to have my new CX7

davewfred

:
Mazda CX7
I used to be a 2006 Mazda Speed6 driver. I just turned in my lease and got a new CX7 AWD Grand Touring, in white pearl mica. I don't have a ton of options, just the Nav package, popular package and remote start, LOVE the nav. Quick question...what is up with Mazda and their ridiculous wheels/tires? YUCK! I picked up my car on Monday and replaced the original 18" wheels and tires on Tuesday and I must say, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I ordered 20" Granite Alloy GX1 Silver Machined w/Clearcoat. Now, after almost a week of ownership, I absolutely LOVE this car! I got the new wheels/tires from www.TireRack.com and the price was SO reasonable!

I'm new to this website and I'm going to try to post pictures. Let me know what you think!

THANKS!

Attachments

• CX7 RS gh2.jpg
    CX7 RS gh2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 2,757
  • CX7 RS gh.jpg
    CX7 RS gh.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 704
  • CX7 RR gh.jpg
    CX7 RR gh.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 646
  • CX7 RL gh.jpg
    CX7 RL gh.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:
Excellent...THANKS! The wheels were $189 each (20"), the tires are Goodyear Eagle RS-A, they were $114 each. Tire Rack mounted, balanced and put on the TPMS for @$1525.00. That includes the $85 shipping charge to local dealer that installed them for $25. I live in Michigan and Tire Rack is in Indiana, so I didn't have to pay sales tax. For $245, you can get the same wheels chrome plated. I looked at TON's of wheels online to find the ones I liked best...it just happened to work out that these were also the least expensive of ALL the ones I liked. PLUS, they don't necessarily look like after market (too much anyway).

Last edited:
Sick wheels. I bought a 2008 AWD GT a month ago. I put new Kumho tires on it, love driving it.

congrats!

My 2009 CX7

I've had my CX7 just over one year and it's been a great car! Still rides great. The only issue I've had with it has been with the satellite radio...I had to have some sort of splitter replaced for the antenna.

Still loving it!

Dave

Are you thinking of modding at all or is enjoying the drivablity enough? I know it was for me and the misses. We miss ours but soon we will be driving its replacement... 2010 R3. We have the only on in Alaska and just found out that there wont be anymore coming up here!

Back