TomTom GPS Live Services in Mazda CX-5

After some horrendous traffic recently I decided to renew my live services (UK). Paid the 55 - why does it cost more for an in car unit compared to a portable (rip off!) - but anyway the unit will not connect to the mobile network. Raised a case with TomTom who reckon the SIM may be faulty, seems a long shot to me given it was working throughout the 3 months trial but is going to require a dealer visit. Thinking this could turn into tortuous vicious circle of dealer vs TomTom meanwhile my subscription is ticking along without me being able to use it. First sign of dealer shrugging their shoulders I'm gonna push TomTom for a refund!

Fingers crossed :(

After some horrendous traffic recently I decided to renew my live services (UK). Paid the 55 - why does it cost more for an in car unit compared to a portable (rip off!) - but anyway the unit will not connect to the mobile network. Raised a case with TomTom who reckon the SIM may be faulty, seems a long shot to me given it was working throughout the 3 months trial but is going to require a dealer visit. Thinking this could turn into tortuous vicious circle of dealer vs TomTom meanwhile my subscription is ticking along without me being able to use it. First sign of dealer shrugging their shoulders I'm gonna push TomTom for a refund!

Fingers crossed :(
I've had a problem for 5 months and Mazda are actively investigating the Live problems with Tomtom and Vodafone. In fac,t someone from Mazda, a few weeks ago was travelling around the UK testing an update. Mazda are regularly contacting my Dealer Principal and vice-versa. If you have a problem get it recorded by Tomtom (and its Incident Number) and they will give you a free Live update for 3 months once it is working.

Thanks prhac, I do have an incident ref and TomTom advised to give it to the dealer. Will be on the phone to dealer Friday.

Thanks prhac, I do have an incident ref and TomTom advised to give it to the dealer. Will be on the phone to dealer Friday.

When you contact Tomtom, do you phone them? If so, there is a geographic phone number rather than their official number which should cheaper. You can get through to Technical Support or other departments.

I've had a problem for 5 months and Mazda are actively investigating the Live problems with Tomtom and Vodafone. In fac,t someone from Mazda, a few weeks ago was travelling around the UK testing an update. Mazda are regularly contacting my Dealer Principal and vice-versa. If you have a problem get it recorded by Tomtom (and its Incident Number) and they will give you a free Live update for 3 months once it is working.

The failure of the TT live system was also mentioned on watch dog some time ago this year.

prhac, I raised the ticket via their website from my tomtom account. Dealt with entirely via email, they are pretty quick to respond.

Yes, they are better than they used to be a few years ago. Depending on the problem, I usually like to phone so there are no misunderstandings and to speed up things

I was looking at my "first" nav system the other day when I noticed it appeared "mirrored" to where I actually was. There was a lake on my left, I was driving south but the lake on the nav was on the right side and the streets to my right appeared on the left of the nav screen. Is this normal? I haven't gotten to even updating with chip yet... I'll get there soon.

I was looking at my "first" nav system the other day when I noticed it appeared "mirrored" to where I actually was. There was a lake on my left, I was driving south but the lake on the nav was on the right side and the streets to my right appeared on the left of the nav screen. Is this normal? I haven't gotten to even updating with chip yet... I'll get there soon.

i've had that happen as well, just randomly comes and goes, haven't seen it in awhile though, try updating

Yes, they are better than they used to be a few years ago. Depending on the problem, I usually like to phone so there are no misunderstandings and to speed up things

Be interested to hear how you get on - I've had exactly the same problem, it was all working fine until I purchased the LIVE services subscription, since then it fails to connect to the network. tomtom cannot help and suggest putting it into the dealer, they will refund the subscription. Into the dealer next week, not hopeful!!

To get the live services we need the head unit the UK gets. The part number is KD81-79-EZX and it is called Live Navigation Box. I am interested to see if the back of this head unit is like ours. I have a thread started for the retrofit of the commander switch which is mentioned in the literature of the Live Navigation Box.

To get the live services we need the head unit the UK gets. The part number is KD81-79-EZX and it is called Live Navigation Box.e if I am interested to se the back of this head unit is like ours. .

I don't think it will work here as they use a different carrier for the data. Is the add on nav product number the same for the US and UK?

You may be right but there are live services on several TomTom devices in the US. No the product numbers are different.

I don't think it will work here as they use a different carrier for the data. Is the add on nav product number the same for the US and UK?

Back