Tom Tom Nav and SMS

tom8

:
Mazda cx-9 GT and 6 GT
Has anyone got the tom tom nav to show text? I have an iPhone 5 and when message come in; the screen on the navi indicates there is message and ask to download. I hit yes; but it doesn't show it on the message screen of the nav in the phone mode. Anyone has this issue? I tried downloading the message a few times and yet; it doesn't display anything. I was in park mode sitting in front of my house by the way; so i wasn't driving... :)

Has anyone got the tom tom nav to show text? I have an iPhone 5 and when message come in; the screen on the navi indicates there is message and ask to download. I hit yes; but it doesn't show it on the message screen of the nav in the phone mode. Anyone has this issue? I tried downloading the message a few times and yet; it doesn't display anything. I was in park mode sitting in front of my house by the way; so i wasn't driving... :)

I have the same problem and am wondering if its because of the iPhone 5 or if I'm doing something wrong with setup. Hope someone knows what to do. I'm gonna contact my dealer and update if I can get it resolved.

I have the same problem and am wondering if its because of the iPhone 5 or if I'm doing something wrong with setup. Hope someone knows what to do. I'm gonna contact my dealer and update if I can get it resolved.

Please let us know the outcome!

My dealer buddy who sold me my 6 (also has one) says this...

"Actually, our iPhones are NOT compatible for that feature im told. The text download feature only works on the samsung note 2 i believe. i have seen it work on that customers but non others. why it wouldnt work with iPhones i have no idea, but yeah, mine doesnt allow text downloads either"

he drives a fully load jet black GT and sells these bad boys every day so Im going to take his word for it... maybe there will be some update later on or we are just going to have to deal or exchange phones haha...

I have tried it with 3 of my Verizon HTC phones and it asks to download now? I click yes and then it says download failed. WTF?

Works with my HTC One on Sprint. Takes about 20 seconds though, but I rarely use it as I get more Gmail/Hangout messages compared to texts. Try to delete/re-pair?

Usually that is found in the bluetooth options on your phone. For my phone I just turn off notifications under the Mazda in my bluetooth pairing setting and it no longer bothers me with messages the car won't download anyway.

Latest posts

Back