Tokico Illumina

Jliao

:
BO G35 Coupe
I saw this on the Tokico site..

NEW APPLICATIONS UNDER DEVELOPEMENT:ESTIMATED ARRIVAL
Mazda MP3 & MP5 Protege Fall/Winter 2003

I'm assuming it's the Illumina that they're developing right? ^.^

Are they out yet? I saw them for sale on the corksport site, but they didn't list a price at all.

options has them listed at $165 for each of the fronts and $157 for each of the backs.

that's a mere $644 before shipping. add in shipping and it's at least $700. then install is ~100. and if you don't have springs yet, you gotta get springs at ~200. i say coilovers!!!

getting the struts after the springs is good for people who don't want to throw all their money towards suspension all at once. you can get just the fronts now and wait till the back blows, or you can get them all at the same time. it's wonderful to have options. not the store, but the option... you know what i mean. i'm tired.

Yea for that price i would go with a coilover set up , TEIN is coming out with their Basic Kit in Jan or Feb and it will sell for around $700.00.

Sorry a little OT.
anyone have these on their P5's w/ Eibachs at all yet and have a pic? Cause I remember someone tried the MSP struts on their p5 with Eibachs and the car looked really raked.

december 2003

I have heard a lot of different replies about when the Tokico Illuminas and HPs are being released. I called Tokico and got "by the end of December." Rishie also believes they will be released sometime in December, and he is arranging a groupbuy (check groupbuy / for sale forum). This is my best guess.

hahahahahhhaahahaahah LMAO!!! TOKICO dont know s***!!! i've been calling them since the spring time. about thes.. oh they will be out in July, no august, nope now it september.... they dont know s***. i just gave up on them....

I think the best option for that price range is the Tein setup they curently have out. They are about 900 I think. I think the fact that the spring and strut are matched is worth the extra couple hundred

Babygirl, I definitely know how you feel. I think most of us feel the same way, just sick of waiting. Even though it's like comparing apples to oranges, I may end up going with the JIC coilovers instead of waiting indefinitely. It's a shame that a company that makes such a good product (Illuminas) can lose business because they can't stick to a single release date.

Back