Tokico HPK247 HP Kit

CiviCity

:
Mazda Protege ES 2003
Hey there,

I have been looking into getting a new suspension kit because my factory shocks are starting to leak.
I looked at the tokico blue with the MSP springs from racingbeat that gives me a ~0.75" drop all around.

But for the same price, shipping to canada included, I found this kit that gives me a 1.4" drop in the front and a 1.7" drop in the back. it has the tokico blue shocks with the tokico springs.

I would like to know if anyone has tried them? Any good/bad feedback?

And also, wouldn't having a bigger drop in the back make my car look way lower in the back than it is in the front? Keep in mind that I have no body kit.

One last thing, should I consider getting the racingbeat shortened bumb stops?

Thanks

Look on tokicos website they might still have they're deal with the illuminas and springs for $400

Look on tokicos website they might still have they're deal with the illuminas and springs for $400

Cant seem to find it.. Every time I click the 03 Mazda protege link, it takes me back to the home page.

Do you got any ideas about the HPk247 ones though?

EDIT:
Found them. They priced at a 1000$ lol :(

Last edited:
Are you sure it's not 1.7 in the front and 1.4 in the back? I've never heard of springs lowering the back more than the front. If the Tokico SET is truly a matched set, you may not need the shortened bump stops. My MX6 GT has Eibach springs with KYB shocks and I could use shortened bump stops. On the other hand, the Civic CX has matched Eibach springs and struts and does NOT need shortened bump stops.
I'd call Tokico to see what they suggest.

Save up and get coilovers problem solved

I'm not looking for coilovers bro :p. it can be a good idea since our winters here are crazy but I have no knowledge on how to adjust them nor do i have the tools.

That's why I'm asking about this set :/

Adjusting them takes a jack 20 minutes and either your hand to turn them or they come with a tool to do it. It really is simple. And since you live where there's bad winters it's better to adjust coilovers than swap springs. Yellow speeds are under $1,000 and even less if you look for the group buy on here.

I'd your looking for the tokico blues and getting springs you'll be spending 550-650 bucks plus shipping

Back