Tokico Blue Spring/Strut kit

Been thinking about putting upgraded springs and struts to my p5 for some time now. Want to go with the tokico hd blue struts and Eibach ProKit springs. Going to stay with the 16 inch wheels, tire size is 195/50/R16 now but may go to a 205/50/R16 when I need new tires.

Only question is how will the ride be afterwards? This car is going to be a daily driver for me and dont want it to be too stiff.

Well it will be a lot stiffer than OEM. If you are buying them for the look and better handling go for it.
Also the Tokico HP blue struts & spring combo is good too.

Been thinking about putting upgraded springs and struts to my p5 for some time now. Want to go with the tokico hd blue struts and Eibach ProKit springs. Going to stay with the 16 inch wheels, tire size is 195/50/R16 now but may go to a 205/50/R16 when I need new tires.

Only question is how will the ride be afterwards? This car is going to be a daily driver for me and dont want it to be too stiff.

Your tires will be fine with either of those sizes. I'm in the same boat as you. My dilemma is that if I have to spend 900 dollars to lower my car and it be functional for autocrossing and the like, i'd rather just buy coil overs.

I am under the impression that the tokico kits used to cost a lot less for p5 owners, because they run about 500 with shipping most places for just the struts (blues), ad 100 bucks for top hats, and 200 bucks give or take for springs, and youre at 800 bucks...I would assume most people would go for coilovers at that price...

I got my kit for $500 and like i said i just used the same tophats i didnt buy new ones and never had any issues. I did swap out the endlinks though. They have a set on ebay for $460 and a set with springs for $600 free shipping. The price has gone up since i bougbt mine

In a way I wish I would have saved a couple hundred bucks and bought coilovers but I'm pretty dang happy with my blues since its a halfway daily driver. Still stiff but not too stiff. Once I get a 3rd vehicle though coilovers here I come!

coilovers...tokico kit...cant decide!! aghh!!
Are you planning on installing for show, autocross, just a daily driver, or all of the above?
The one advantage with installing the Tokico (or any other brand) springs and struts over coilovers (for street-use/daily driver) is that you don't have to corner balance the car when adjusting the ride height. The Tokico springs are set to drop at around an 1.25 inches compared to stock springs.

Are you planning on installing for show, autocross, just a daily driver, or all of the above?
The one advantage with installing the Tokico (or any other brand) springs and struts over coilovers (for street-use/daily driver) is that you don't have to corner balance the car when adjusting the ride height. The Tokico springs are set to drop at around an 1.25 inches compared to stock springs.

Not really for show I guess, I don't really need "slammed hellaflush" whatever...I have 2 bad struts as it is, and I figured I'd go with a little better handling set up, since that is the cars strong points. I plan on auto crossing some this spring/summer, so I'd like some quality parts to hold up for that. I actually decided to get the tokico kit, I found it for about 500 shipped, which is about 400 bucks less then coilovers. I got new strut mounts for about 65 bucks total, so once I get that I will piece them together and install them, that way I do not have to take apart the old set up.

Just to update this, I installed the tokico spring/strut kit this weekend. It was exactly what I was looking for, very pleased. Ill post a few pictures of it in here later.

update soon on ride quality and feel. My rear driver side strut is almost shot and these have been on the list for a while! did you get the tokico blue struts and springs? or different set of springs?

update soon on ride quality and feel. My rear driver side strut is almost shot and these have been on the list for a while! did you get the tokico blue struts and springs? or different set of springs?

tokico blue struts and springs. I don't think they have settled yet, but so far they feel very nice. Honestly they aren't worlds different then the stock set up, at least so far. They are a more firm when going up curbs and bumps, and also feel a bit tighter in when driving through turns, but they are very smooth and comfortable when cruising around. Also they do not look super "slammed", which is perfect because I wasn't looking for something like that. I'll post a few images tomorrow when it is light out.

tokico blue struts and springs. I don't think they have settled yet, but so far they feel very nice. Honestly they aren't worlds different then the stock set up, at least so far. They are a more firm when going up curbs and bumps, and also feel a bit tighter in when driving through turns, but they are very smooth and comfortable when cruising around. Also they do not look super "slammed", which is perfect because I wasn't looking for something like that. I'll post a few images tomorrow when it is light out.

Sounds nice, I can't wait to see! I've been contemplating the same question myself, either tokico blue struts and springs (maybe s tech pro kits) or yellowspeed coilovers...
It's my DD and I don't want to be slammed but just sit lower than stock so the wheel gap is gone. I care about a smooth ride more, too.

stock suspension

dozbHsw.jpg

tokico hp blue shocks/springs

rIfS3ts.jpg

W6TKyEz.jpg

jx4R3OT.jpg

I noticed how the length of the strut itself is shorter . So do your tires sit closer to the bottom of the part where the spring sit on the stut? I personally have a rubbing problem when I have weight in the rear end and it drives me nuts. Would I have to worry about rubbing if I go with this setup?

you will be very happy with your new set up trust me I was very happy with mine i sold mine for coils but ended up using the cash for christmas instead but Ill be getting coils I plan on auto cross and twisty cruises in the hill country otherwise I would have kept my old set up

Back