To vinyl wrap or not?

reggae5

:
2003 mazda lx
I have a 03 Mazda Protege. Red. Not the best color for the Florida sun. Anyways I have always kept it polished and since it sits outside I have it covered with a good car cover from carscover.com I have had several covers over the years no problems they do what there suppose to. A few months back I see the start of clear coat failure. And out sided of taking the clear coat off I couldn't stop the advancement of it. But lately something strange has been happening. The first incident and a couple other spots the clear coat failure started as a cloudy looking area ( see last picture in the link) but then one morning I took the cover off and there was a long white line that looked like something had run down the hood. It didn't resemble the cloudy white spots from the failure before. Now I don't drive the car everyday, I use my motorcycle when ever possible, so the car can sit for a week or two before I need to use it. Well this morning I uncover it and two more runny white spots ( lines?) have shown up. I ran my hands over the spots but it feels like its under the clear coat. I tried mild rubbing compound but nothing. I really cant afford to paint the car so am going to vinyl wrap it. I was just going to vinyl wrap the top and put a bra on the front but now with more clear coat failure showing up I will have to vinyl wrap the hood too. It should look good though I am going with gloss carbon fiber look. I checked out the cover and there is no liquid or wet spots on it. I would hate to do the vinyl wrap and have the same thing happen again. Any ideas guys?

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/reggae5/slideshow/temp

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back