To Rich!

:
2003 Orange Mazdaspeed protege
Alright so i have a mazdaspeed protege and ive had this problem for sometime now. the problem is that my turbo will start to stip and sputter about 4000 rpm and wont go any higher. ive taken the car to the shop and they said it running to rich so im like alright cant be too hard to fix. but they flashed my ECU and said that thry still cant get it right and it still isnt running 100%. the guy i took it to said my a new program would work but idk. So i need help on what to do, i have no idea and the mechanic is baffled. so could you give me ideas and hints on how to fix this problem.

Honestly, you pretty much have to deal with it, part of owning an MSP. Check your wastegate actuator, mine's beat and it's causing it to run a little richer than usual.

Alright so i have a mazdaspeed protege and ive had this problem for sometime now. the problem is that my turbo will start to stip and sputter about 4000 rpm and wont go any higher. ive taken the car to the shop and they said it running to rich so im like alright cant be too hard to fix. but they flashed my ECU and said that thry still cant get it right and it still isnt running 100%. the guy i took it to said my a new program would work but idk. So i need help on what to do, i have no idea and the mechanic is baffled. so could you give me ideas and hints on how to fix this problem.
do you ahve a SSAFC? if not i would look into it.... that is the same problem I had and once I installed an SSAFC on mine it went away. also maybe try some different spark plugs and make sure the gap is correct on them.

Like said above if you own a MSP you are going to run rich. Definitely look into SSAFC, it is supposed to lean your engine out a bit. I'm still waiting to get one...not too high of a priority right now as my MSP is mostly a grocery getter.

the ssafc is very handy, and probly the best tuner for this car in regards to the amount of help you will find from everyone becuase most people have it. Now with the ssafc you may want to get a wideband if you plan on doing mods to your car becuase this will allow you to adjust the air fuel ratio further to compensate for whatever the mods change. but if your car is bone stock, all you will need is to wire in the ssafc and connect it to a vaccum line and bam instant sexiness with the shifting and turbo response.

Back