To boost or not to boost

Well you can do the turbo setup for less then a grand. Im 90% complete my MSP swap into my P5 and i havent spent $1000 CAD funds yet and that included a HUGH fmic and gauges as well.

As far as the 5 spd swap. Goto a junkyard and buy everything you need off a wrecked car.

It's pretty easy to say that once you get tired of 7 psi you're gonna turn the boost up. What you need to do is get a 5 spd and a good clutch to handle the new power. Then go forged or you'll blow something after exploring the car's "limits." Then once you have a good foundation on which to build...TURBO THE BIATCH!!! Then go with a piggyback and tune away.

Or just stay at 6 psi to enjoy forced induction on a daily basis.

I have done some talking with the guys at Lentech and they recommended that I upgrade the valve body but the whole transmission would be ok... 6psi will give me right under the tolerance of that valve body. I wouldn't have any concerns unless I went 6+psi with boost. THey also said that the torgue converter would be fine that comes with the car. I think I'm going to go ahead with the valve upgrade and put the kit on it but dial it in for 5psi only. Just enough to wake the car up but not enough to blow up anything. Later on in my adventures I'm probably going to get a motor from a junk yard and go forged everything, and really dope it up... At that point I'll drop the money for the performance tranny from lentech with the independent controller and do some street damage...

I'm starting to have fun now.. hehehehe

I quickly read through the posts, and I didn't see anyone address this part of the question. I apologize if I missed one.

Is your county strict only on cats? Or are they strict about all of the emissions equipment? Because if it's the latter, then can you legally install a turbo kit since your car did not come from the manufacturer with it stock? Luckily I live in a county in WA state that does not have any emissions testing or inspections, so I am not familiar with the laws in states and counties who do have them.

So long as emissions do not exceed the county limit they do not care what you have. I know from talking to some people around here, they get their yearly inspection done while chewing their nails off.. Main thing is the cat. One guy said that he removes his bolt on's has his inspection done then puts it back on once completed. As far as the law, they just want to see if your running a cat.

well i do have a five speed. stage II clutch, lightweight flywheel, AWR mounts, and SAMCO hoses.....now about that MSP setup......

Start hitting the forsale section. In less then a week you can peice a kit together.

As soon as my gauges get here im starting my install

On a side note, i have an MSP oil cooler for sale :D

Back