Tires need replacing after 33000km?

NLPenton

:
Mazda 3 GT-E
Went into my mazda dealer today for a oil change.
It was recommended that I replace my two front tires. I bought my 3 GT in July 12', I have 4 winter tires that I used this year for 5 months. So my car is just over a year old. It says the Belts are showing on the inside of my tire. WHAT THE ****? I asked the guy on the desk that very question. He said that the tires they put on the factory are not very good. He sees this all the time... Pissed of Mazda owner today. I think its ******* pathetic.

As I was leaving I said, Have a A1 day.... he laughed. FML

Mazda is known to have a negative camber on their tires. Word on the street is that they do it to increase the handling (tires aligned at an angle hug the road on sharp turns better like this) at the cost of faster wear.

I knew about this before I bought my 3, and its the same story on my Mazda5. I guess that's why they handle so well. :p
There is an aftermarket alignment kit or something you can install to dial out the negative camber, but I just gave up and have been living with it. A good set of tires should last longer than the ones it comes with, but the guy's right; its a well known problem.

I agreed what is said above!!!
No doubt if you take the car to be set, every store and even the mazda supplier will tell you that the alignment is ok. But reality that it is not ok. The toe in and the camber of each rim is considerably negative especially in the back look at the tires put a installment stage on each of them.

Luxury cars at ava-tieman

Last edited:
I went through the same thing with my 2008 Mazda 3GT. The tires performed amazingly but wore out super quickly.

I ended up putting on Michelin A/S ($1000!) which coincidently now looking to replace. They lasted about 90k, which isn't bad considering they are on year round.

I agreed what is said above!!!
No doubt if you take the car to be set, every store and even the mazda supplier will tell you that the alignment is ok. But reality that it is not ok. The toe in and the camber of each rim is considerably negative especially in the back look at the tires put a installment stage on each of them.

Luxury cars at ava-tieman

I think this is why they push tire rotation at every oil change... Dealer never mentioned any issues with tires while I had the 3... but they were putting a third set of brake rotors on the car by 75,000km...

Back